"𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚" (𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙠 𝙅. 𝙒𝙞𝙢𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙤𝙣 𝙭 𝙁𝙚𝙢!𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙩. 𝙎𝙖𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙙 + 𝘿𝙚𝙞𝙢𝙤𝙨) (𝙁𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛)

A/N's: This is my first time ever doing a deep dive into Madness Combat so I hope this is ok! I enjoyed writing this short little fluff and it's probably one of my favorite oneshots!

Thank you HeckeryHeckH3ck for the request!

———————————————————————

[Y/N] sat in the office's break room, having been just a newbie she wasn't able to go out into the field yet with her fellow comrades. She curled up into the side of the couch's armrest, reading a manual on different machineries and how each one worked for her upcoming test. As she finished the short chapter on AK-47's, the door flew open, causing [Y/N] to jump in her seat. She flung her book down on her lap, glancing up see three bloody figures enter the room.

They all appeared in rough shape, as the two shorter ones lumbered their ways into the shower room. The third one – a tall, toned man with glowing red goggles and a black face covering – instead made his way over towards [Y/N]. He approached the couch, instantly plopping himself down onto the surface, collapsing sideways and onto the girl's lap.

[Y/N] stared down at the tired being, blush creeping up on her cheeks. She didn't dare to move as they shifted slightly into a more comfortable position. Deep mumbling sounded amidst the fainted chatter next door. "U-Um... excuse me?" She said hesitantly minutes later. The being grunted in response, not budging from their position. "Is it ok if I get up?"

"Comfortable." They responded, their voice deep and gruffy. An exhale escaping their lips as they extended an arm across [Y/N]'s lap. [Y/N] hummed nervously to herself in response, gazing down to the tired being. She wasn't quite sure what to do exactly. Her book was underneath their head, so staying and continue studies would have been impossible. [Y/N] sighed softly, bringing her arm up to the armrest as she rested her head in the palm of her hands. "I suppose I'm going to be here awhile." She thought to herself.

. . .

"HAH! Get a load of this, Sanford!" A voice boomed with hysterical laughter. [Y/N] flung her eyes open to the sudden sound, shooting a look over to her left to see the same figures standing at the shower room door. The shorter one pointed a finger in her direction, practically dying of laughter. The other one stood with their arms crossed in front of their muscular build, shaking their head in disapproval.

"Knock it off, Deimos." Sanford requested calmly, approaching [Y/N]. He squatted in front of them, pushing on the one above her's shoulder firmly. "Hank, wake up." They said, continuing to shake their comrade awake. Hank began to stir against [Y/N], low hums emitting from them. They moved their head up, gazing to Sanford tiredly through their goggles.

"Hey, you got to get your wounds treated." Sandford reminded, standing upwards. Hank grunted in response, easing their way up into a sitting position before rising from the sofa. They extended their arms awkwardly upwards, stretching a bit before stumbling into the neighboring room. Sanford glanced down to [Y/N] as Deimos followed Hank, exclaiming nonsense about what had happened. "My apologizes for my comrade." They said nonchalantly. "Oh, it's ok." [Y/N] responded, picking up her book before it fell to the ground. "It was no biggie."

"Alright." Sanford's gaze shifted from the female to the book she held. "I suppose we'll be seeing on the field then?" [Y/N] looked to them in confusion before realizing what they meant. "Oh, yeah! If I pass that is." She replied with a chuckle. Sanford smirked before waving goodbye to [Y/N], joining his comrades.