10| Teddy's Return

Start from the beginning

I almost found myself talking to him. Before I had been pulled away from my own world and back into reality when the oven had gone off. I jumped from the loud beep of the machine, quickly grabbing a plate for the toast. It was a bit burned, but it still tasted all right. 

I had spent the morning going through the mental list of things that I had needed to do. And getting dressed was the very first one. So, I had walked back upstairs - after finishing my breakfast, of course. I chose a simple outfit, while carrying on with my mental list. 

—Take out the trash 

—Wash uniform for tomorrow 

—Start the dishwasher 

—Clean around the house 

—Pick up Teddy from King's Cross 

I had breezed past the list, pulling on my shirt when I had checked it twice. I didn't want to miss anything importa- 

Wait.

My eyes widened and I scurried to pull down the shirt. After that, I walked into the bathroom in my master bedroom, which was almost half the size of the actual bedroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and fixed my hair from the state it was in this morning. 

Maybe breezing past the list wasn't the best idea. I had almost forgot that I had to pick up Teddy today from the Station. Leaving the bathroom with quick steps, I threw a look at the clock on the wall. 

9:45 

I'll get there in time. Grabbing my keys from the side table near the front door, I opened the locked the door behind me. I stopped just before I walked into the driveway. The last time I was out here, Draco had brought me to the cemetery before heading to Diagon Alley. Where I had seen George. 

Shaking my head, I remembered that I currently didn't have time to be worrying about that. I stead of taking the motorcycle, I went ahead and Apparated straight to the station. It wouldn't take as long and I hadn't felt like taking the motorcycle at the time. 

At my destination, the many chatters of people were heard. There was a secluded spot for witches and wizards that happened to Apparated in and out through here. Many of them don't, since they usually bring a vehicle or Apparated a few buildings down. So, I happened to be the only one here. 

People didn't bat an eye when I stepped out from behind the wall, wringing my fingers in my hands. My keys jingled in my pocket each time someone had shouldered me. I walked up the stairs of the station, hunching my shoulders close to myself to try and avoid getting hit by other people. 

That didn't end up doing me good favors when I happened to instantly get hit again. Only this time, I had ended up right in front of where I had needed to be. Momentarily lifting my brows and silently commenting how coincidental that was, I stepped through the invisible wall onto the Platform. 

Like last time, I stood in the back. The train was just pulling into the station and the parents were starting to get antsy. Some of them moved forward, trying to see their kids through the windows. I chuckled at them, not bringing any attention to myself. The doors of the train had opened and kids started to pour out.

Kids old and young had pulled their trunks behind them down the station, looking left and right for any sight of who they caught familiar. I did the same thing, looking for the little, torquise haired boy that I called my son. 

''Mum!'' 

I fixed my posture, a smile tugging at the end of my lips at the sound. With my hands in my pockets, I stood in my tip-toes to see over the heads of the many other parents.