Chapter 45

Chapter 45

"Hey. What are you doing?"

Faye and Lei sat beside Lilac on both sides. They watched as their best friend look over the fifth wedding dress catalogue.

Faye looked at Lilac, and then her eyes fell on her finger ring. There's no ring. "Who's getting married?"

"No one." Lilac answered as she flipped on the next page. Over the five books that Jasmine have given her, none of them have a design that she wanted.

"Are you getting married?" Lei asked as she poke Lilac on the shoulder. "You're getting married!" She said with no room to negotiate for yes or no.

Lilac stopped flipping the pages, she momentarily froze and looked at the two. "No." She denied but still can't help but smile.

"You're planning to?" Faye asked her. "So, Dylan hasn't proposed yet?"

"I'm just looking at them. We haven't yet decide wether to get married or not." Lilac took her eyes off the catalogue and look at the window. "And also, if I ever need a wedding gown. I'll design one for myself."

Faye sighed and leaned on the couch. "It really felt like you and the Lilac from five years ago, are two different people."

Lei nodded. "That's right. You really went from being a heartbroken Lion fashion designer, to a thriving CEO who have a healthy relationship." She pressed her lips together, she looked like she was going to cry with no tears. "You're so different now. I really didn't regret falling out of Lion for you."

"If you continued being their stylist, it will take at least four more years before you reach another position. But now, look at you being the director of Venom's design department." Faye chuckled, because Lei was right. They can't feel the regret that should be there because of being not a part of Lion.

A decade or so ago, they interned on Lion, and received an official job recommendation from Lion. They worked for Lion for such a long time, it should at least be five to seven years.

They went through great lengths just in order to have the position that they left, because they don't want Lilac to feel that she's alone in the journey.

In the end, it wasn't the two of them who reminded her that she have so many people around her to accompany her. It was Dylan. But even if that's the case, they weren't put on a disadvantageous place because of this decision.

But they can also understand, that if it wasn't because they all have money, things like this, tagging along with Lilac from leaving Lion to building a business, and then closing it down to open a company, and finally being successful again, wasn't a possible thing.

"It's good that we have money, we won't be able to accompany you until this far if we don't have one." Lei murmured, looking at the catalogue as well.

As Venom progressed forward, a lot of people also left. One by one. Lilac lowered her eyes, "They can find a good and better place for themselves. If they want to comeback, Dylan and I will always welcome them."

Faye hugged Lilac and said, "Tomorrow's the anniversary ball, congratulations for lasting this long."

Lei also jumped in the hug and wrpaled her arms around on their arms. "Yes, that right. Congratulations to all of us for getting this far!"

Lilac smiled and hugged them back, nodding in agreement. "Each member of the company have worked hard to get here."

The silence inside the room remained for a long time, until Lilac saw herself crying in tears after so many years again.