Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"You did great."

The sun slowly set on the horizon, dying the sky with red and orange. The sunset rays lit up the room, Lilac's tears were like crystals because of the light's reflection.

She had her head raised, looking at Dylan with tears. Lei and Faye, who both used to comfort Lilac cannot find any words to comfort her today.

But it seemed that Dylan was different. He put his hand on the top of Lilac's head. "You did great on the runway show. Timothy, and that girl, they don't matter."

It was because of Timothy. Again.

Earlier, before the show ended, someone appeared on the dressing room. It was Timothy and a lady, who's clinging on his arm.

They went to the Rose company's team, exchanged some greetings and started chatting. But from time to time, Timothy's eyes will drift towards the end of the room, glancing at Lilac from time to time. Lilac was aware of it. Well aware.

She felt like Timothy came just to mock her.

Dylan himself know how sensitive Lilac can be when it comes to Timothy. He's sure that he wasn't that kind of person, but to Lilac, it was not the same.

When someone who was betrayed met the person who betrayed them, with another person, seemingly unaffected, they will think that this person is here to mock them, to watch their suffering and so on.

Lilac was not any different. The scar that their break up gave her was deeper, it was as if her heart was pierced but never dug out, it was left there bleeding inside.

"Here." Dylan extended a box of tissue to her. "Do you feel like drinking? Do you want to talk about it?"

Faye looked at Dylan with uncertainty, and at the same time, amusement. She felt powerless to comfort Lilac, but the comfort that this new friend of Lilac gave her was different. There was a tinge of warmth, and he asked if she wanted to talk about it.

Looking back, Faye discovered that she never did this. Either she just gave advices, or listened to the story without saying a word.

"Each person have their own way of comforting someone. Why are you feeling bad?" Lei nudged Faye who had her head lowered. "Don't think you're lesser of a friend just because of this. You're the one who had her back before Dylan."

After some exchanges of words, Lilac gradually calmed down. Dylan went to the bedside table and picked up a glass of water and then hand it over to Lilac.

After finishing up the glass of water, Dylan helped Lilac erase the traces of mascara that had run through her cheeks. He smiled and then pat her in her shoulder, "It's alright. Don't blame yourself anymore."

Who knows how many people have said this to Lilac? But even if she have heard this word a thousand times, she still would keep on blaming herself.

But at least, Lilac can listen to this words without thinking that it was entirely her fault. Slowly, she regained her composure and looked up, she flashed a smile and said, "Thank you."

The last rays of sunshine slowly faded into the horizon. The night came again. Silence reign in the entire room for a long time before someone finally asked if they are hungry.

The next few days was spent on watching the runway on the sidelines, and attending the auction. Several of Lilac's design was sold in the auction, even Larissa Vander competed for one of her designs.

As expected, she will took a fancy on one among the two choices. In the end, Larissa won the auction.

On the last day, the closing ceremony gala, Lilac didn't attended. All the matters was dealt with on the morning of the same day when they returned to Amenston.