Chapter 28

Chapter 28

When Venom became busy, no one paid attention to the cold treatment that Dylan and Lilac gave to each other, the two didn't really know what's going on with each other.

Two weeks passed before Dylan came in front of Lilac's office, he raised his arms and attempted to knock on the door, when it suddenly opened.

Lilac, who's walking with her head lowered, was startled after opening the door and almost fell backwards. But she was able to stagger backwards and hold the door knob instead.

"Dylan, what... Are you doing here?" She asked awkwardly, avoiding his gaze. "Do you need a document?"

Dylan looked at her for a long time before shaking his head. "Let's eat lunch together."

"We always eat together today. What's with you inviting me?" Lilac's brows furrowed. Although they are giving each other a cold treatment, they still ate together. So, why would Dylan suddenly ask?

"Nothing. I just think I should ask whether you want to eat with me or not." Dylan felt like if things go on with the two of them treating each other coldly, and not fixing this misunderstanding, he will regret it.

Regretting things, especially the person he likes is not his style. He maybe willing to let things go without telling about his feeling, but he won't let things end up badly. He don't want to be remembered as someone who they will always think with misconceptions in their mind.

Especially if it was Lilac.

"Well, you know. You can always decline."

Lilac stared at him before nodding her head. "Wait for me after the meeting ends."

"Are you tired?" Dylan asked, looking at Lilac, she looks like she hadn't slept well. Since they started to avoid each other, he also stopped stopping by on her house.

They had less and less interaction, to the point that only now did Dylan noticed how tired Lilac she looks like.

Lilac nod her head. She was really embarrassed about that incident, even Faye agrees that she was kind of embarassing. She really doesn't have any face to appear in front of Dylan, even until now.

Dylan took a step closer and placed his hand on the top of her hair. "Then get some rest after lunch."

Lilac didn't answered, she just stood there and watch the light reflect on his eyes. She stood there in daze, Dylan's strong perfume seems to be not as strong as it originally was.

What is this?

She stare on his eyes and saw the visible worry in those eyes. Somehow, she was wondering... Just how far can his worry actually reach.

"Miss L..." Lilac's assistant paused when she saw that Dylan seems to be talking about something serious with Lilac. His hand was caressing her hair, her boss was in daze.

"This picture will really send an ambiguous feeling. Is there something going on between them?" She thought in her mind before interrupting them, "Miss L, the meeting is about to start."

With her reminder, Lilac snapped from her daze and said to Dylan, "I'll call once the meeting ends."

She left without waiting for his answer. After turning to another corridor, she clutched her chest, and took several breath, trying to ease her heart that was beating too loud.

The corridor in front of her office is silent, it's isolated from the other corridor in front of other departments, with her heart beating like this-even if she, herself, think that it was unscientific, she couldn't help but think if he heard her heart beating wildly.