Chapter 33

Chapter 33

"What was going on between you and Dylan?"

Timothy found his voice after a long time, his hands were trembling on top of his legs, hidden under the table. He lowered his eyes, not daring to look at Lilac's eyes.

Her eyes that had nothing of what used to be his before.

"I'm not here to tell you about what's going on between us. But I think you should still know." Lilac looked at the man across him, he was silent waiting for her to speak. "I like him. That's why I'm here today..."

"To tell me that you're in love with someone?" Timothy looked up, his eyes brimming with tears, but Lilac was unfathomed.

She lived with tears for years, how could his reaction faze her?

She placed her right hand on the table and tapped it. "No. I'm here to say the words that I failed to say for the past six years... Ever since we broke up." She lowered her eyes, and smiled gently.

Timothy didn't get a chance to see the gentleness and nostalgia in her eyes. Nostalgia, Lilac was not nostalgic of their relationship, she was nostalgic of the friend she lost when they entered a relationship.

"I'm sorry for not loving you enough." Lilac felt that she need to say this, because the one who loved her more was him, it was never equal. It must be one of the reasons why she can't move on, because she was regretful.

Timothy's eyes trembled. His heart felt like being pierced by a needle.

"I felt like I've never loved you as much as you did to me. I never sacrificed more than you did, I almost cost you your reputation."

Mn. Thinking about how she thought of things back then, she was really senseless. She was drown in sorrow and the feeling of betrayal, she failed to notice how much Timothy have suffered.

"That time..." Their surrounding was noisy, but Timothy's heart was almost still. Lilac stopped for a long time, as if she was lost in her words. "I was wrong."

Timothy raised his head, looking at her with questions all over his face.

"That day, when I first talked to you after a long time. I didn't get a chance to return the ring." Lilac raised her finger and pointed the pendant hanging on her necklace. "That day, I was too immersed in my feelings, and I'm sorry that it took me too long to finally realise it."

"Between the two of us, you provided most of the love. The comfort, the emotions." Lilac looked back at those times, when Timothy would call her even if it was already midnight, just to make sure that she ate, or that she's going to sleep already.

"I'm sorry for entering a relationship with you, when I can't even give you the love that you deserve." After saying a few of the words she wanted to say, Lilac sighed, feeling that the heavy weight inside her heart was lessened.

Timothy found himself lost again. He opened his mouth but none of the words flowing in his minds could get out.

It was not your fault, so, don't blame yourself.

You gave me enough of the love that I wished for. I wasn't lacking in your love.

Lilac, I miss you.

"I'm sorry for giving up on you." That was the only word that he could say.

Lilac looked at him with surprise. She could his shoulders trembling, she frowned and said, "You never did."

"You said that you didn't loved me enough..."

Lilac shook her head, as if she knew his intentions. "No."

With her words, Timothy was struck by the reality. So that was it. There really was no other chance.