Chapter 27

Chapter 27

"Faye."

"Hmm?"

"What do I do?"

The wind whistled past their ears, it was cold but there was enough fabric to give them warmth. Lilac held a can of beer on her hand, looking down at the city from the rooftop of the business complex where their office was.

"What happened?" Faye, who's back was leaning on the railings, turn around and face the city as well. "Do you have any problem?"

Lilac turned her head, there was a visible smile on her face. Even her eyes was sparkling. Where there used to be deep pool of stagnant water, was now filled with gentle and lively fireworks.

"Someone has been treating me so nice."

Faye turned to look away, "Hm? How nice?"

"The nice that felt warmth, gentle and as if he likes me..." She took a sip on the beer and looked away. "I'm assuming too much. I know he's just nice to me, like how he is to others."

"I like his smile. His hugs are warm too." Her eyes seemed unfocused, but it wasn't dead, unlike before.

"There was life in your eyes." Faye mentioned, sipping on her beer, "You seem excited?"

Faye already had a guess about this person that she likes. There is only one person who she's been almost day and night, who was nice to her, delivers her breakfast and lunch, reminds her to not overdo things, reminds her of every little thing that she missed.

"He cooks well, and he smells nice too." Lilac giggled, she fished out her phone and fiddled with it before showing the screen to Faye. "He looks cute when his brows are furrowed in sleep, but I'm always worried that he might be having nightmares. So, I always sooth it for him."

The person in the picture is sleeping on his own arms, it seems that he stayed up all night that he fell asleep while working.

Faye remember a lot of times that Dylan fell asleep in the office. But she doesn't remember this one.

Lilac told a lot of stories about Dylan to Faye, all night. They drunk on the rooftop until Lilac is swaying as they walk down.

"What the..." Dylan's reaction upon seeing Lilac and Faye slumped on the corner of the elevator, cannot be distinguished. He seemed worried, annoyed, and at the same time, surprised.

He cannot contain his worries more than annoyance that he immediately went in and helped the two to stand up.

"Dylan?" Lilac looked up when she felt that her arms was grabbed. She struggled to stand up, and fell on Dylan's arms. She moaned and grabbed his shoulders, wrapping her arms around Dylan's nape and placed her chin on his shoulder. "The rooftop is so cold. I think they set up the temperature too low up there." She murmured, as if aggrieved by the cold wind from the 'aircon' on the rooftop.

The underground parking lot is silent, so Faye was able to hear her murmurs. She laugh and hit her legs. "Stupid. That wasn't aircon. The rooftop is open, and it was the highest floor in this building. Of course it's cold up there because of the wind."

She struggled to stand up, using the elevator as a support. Because Dylan has long stood frozen in there. When he returned to his senses, he immediately helped Faye to stand up.

"Why did you guys drink?" Dylan asked Faye, who's not heavily influenced by alcohol.

But Faye's mind is really not working right now. She was still processing Lilac's confession about having a crush on Dylan, and now, she's on an intimate position, hugging him tightly.