Chapter 17

Chapter 17

When Franco arrived on the venue of the gala, there were endless camera's flashing on his direction. Afterall, he's the Emperor of Emperor's Palace.

He fixed his necktie right in front of the cameras, right after he stepped on the red carpet, it was as if a cold wind passed by, his stoic face immediately sent everyone a message, he will not entertain any requests of posing.

He walked to the platform that is placed near the entrance of the venue, put his signature on the background wallpaper for pictorial before turning around to the camera. A second later, he walked away without turning around.

There has been a saying around the circle since before, wherever there is the Emperor, that place will be frozen in silence. Just like how the air was only filled with the shuttering noises of the cameras.

Franco is considered a hot CEO on the social media, one of Forbes' billionaires, and a successful father, yet a dream boyfriend for some ladies out there. Despite that, in the actual fashion industry, he's a monster. A monster that even Lion was threatened to face. Because Emperor's Palace is one of the biggest dark horse in the history of fashion. A dark horse in front of the people's eyes, but behind, where no one can see, is a pool of blood, sweat, tears, and several sacrifices.

If it weren't for the carpet, his every step would've echo upon his arrival. And everyone would be-no, everyone should be starring at him even if it doesn't happen. But at the moment the eyes of the attendees didn't even passed by him, instead, they are busy talking to each other while their eyes is darted to someone.

"Why are you glaring at me?" A sweet voice said from the crowd. "I said I didn't mean to."

"Gosh, Rachelle. What are your eyes for?"

Franco took a step closer to the commotion, and finally understood why the other lady sounded mad. Her dress is already stained with red. It should be wine.

There were three ladies that are being stared by the attendees. One of them had her back on him, the other two are famous top models who have been competing on being the real top of the modelling industry. Kristen, and Rachelle.

It is known that they are nearly mortal enemies, but the problem is, there has also been a rumour going around that they have dated each other back in highschool, and they broke up so badly that they ended up swearing each other as enemies.

"Did they broke up?" Lilac thought to herself watching the two quarrel. Back then, they were indeed dating, not as teenagers, but four or five years ago.

It was around the time when Lilac was humiliated by Kristen. Later on, she knew that Kristen and Rachelle were in a love quarrel at that time.

Rachelle has always appeared sweet in front of other people. Which caused Kristen's jealousy to everyone, that is also why she's stern around all the people who are around Rachelle, including Lilac, whom at that time just assisted Rachelle on the photoshoot.

After the photoshoot, she went out of the studio to have a coffee break but in the end, the coffee turned into a tea.

The two are arguing in a deserted street, which anyone could pass by if they were going to buy a coffee on Heaven's Cafe. The studio is just that street away from the coffee shop, but it is rare for the team to go out occasionally, which is also the reason why it is a good location to secretly argue.

At first, Lilac was supposed to be passing by only, but she heard her name from Rachelle's mouth.

"You don't have to do that to Lilac. She's just lending me a hand!" It was Rachelle's sweet voice trying to soothe the other person.