Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Lilac sat silently inside the coffee shop. Just like as usual for Heaven's Cafe, the aroma of coffee is still fermenting in the air, along with the comfortably cold aircon, and the melancholic classical background music.

Her hands were quick as she draw lines, and lines, forming shapes, into a whole design. The coffee beside her has gone cold from waiting. She has been sitting for an hour there already, and the person she's waiting for hasn't arrive yet.

But due to her sketches preoccupying her mind, she didn't noticed that time passed by quickly. She just sat there, silent and sketching. If the other regular customers weren't familiar her, they'll think she's having a hard time on something.

She went on just sketching until someone knocked on the table. She put the pen down and look up. "Franco. You're here." Lilac motioned her hand to the chair across her with a smile.

"Sorry, I'm late. The meeting went longer than intended." Franco sat down. "You finally decided to let me invest on your business, huh? Is it going down?"

Lilac took a sip on the iced coffee sitting near all the paper on the table, and shook her head. "Lilac Fashion House is not going down."

"Really? Then, what miracle made you accept my offer?"

Lilac put all the papers together and held it in front of Franco. "Lilac Fashion House needs an investment because we need more funds to release this by next month."

"Next month?" Franco tilted his head. "This is are drafts. Can you finish designing them before your date quota? And also, why are you rushing to release a bulk of designs?"

Lilac put forward a folder and gave it to Franco before explaining, "Of course, not all of those drafts need to be produced. We'll filter it through within a week. As for why? LFH is selected to walk on the Manila Fashion Show's runway next month."

She crossed her arms and lean on the chair, sighing. "It was a quick notice, so we didn't had a chance to prepare in advance, but... I don't want to decline this opportunity."

Franco didn't said anything, but he took a special attention to the quick sketches and the photo copy of the invitation letter.

"Manila Fashion Show..." Franco look up with a smile. "This is a great opportunity for Lilac Fashion House." He said without looking up. He continued to look at the sketches for a moment before asking, "Will two hundred thousand do? Base on the short time you're given, and the designs that you have-"

"It's too much." Lilac pulled out another folder, and said, "Our new finance manager at LFH already counted the budget that we'll need. A hundred thousand is already a big sum. Also, you haven't discussed this with your board of directors, this might lead into disputes between the board."

Franco sighed and nod his head. "That's right. Then, I'll go ahead and discuss these things with them first. I'll contact you when the contract is ready."

"Then," Lilac stood up her seat and bowed for a moment. "See you around."

After picking up all those papers and stacking them together, Franco immediately left the cafe, and Lilac followed out immediately after.

The negotiation of investment between Emperor's Palace and Lilac Fashion House will surely be not as easy as it seem.

For the meantime, Lilac shrugged her shoulders and picked up her things, leaving the cafe silently, as she stayed there for hours silently.

Sitting on the taxi's back sit, she once again fell into a trance, starring outside the window. It is four pm, and the sun started drifting to the west horizon, shading the sky with gold.