Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"Do you want to try that?" Dylan asked Lilac when she saw her looking inside Lion's store. "I though you'd walk inside a Prada or Givenchy store, who would've known you'd still want to go inside Lion after all these years."

"After all, before you snitched me from the fashion industry, I was a former Lion senior designer." She turned her head to look at him sideways with a smirk on her lips. "I'll just go in and take a look."

"Not afraid of being mistaken for stealing their designs?" Dylan immediately followed her inside the store. His brows shot up when he heard a chuckle in reply.

"Silly you. With the stacks and piles of draft in our company building, where can you see any design that could match Lion's recent designs? Copying is disgusting." Lilac shrugged her shoulders while trailing the clothes in her hand.

She walked for about five steps before stopping. She looked at the line where the sweaters are, and saw a familiar design.

She let go of the ones in her hand earlier and walked towards that one familiar design.

"It's still on the market." Dylan murmured, he recognised the sweater. It is the last project that Lilac handled in Lion, the one that was under the partnership of Lion and Emperor's Palace.

He put his hands on his pocket, and watch Lilac look and feel the design. Seeing her frowning from town to town, it seems that there was something wrong with the sweater.

He can't ask about it being inside Lion's territory, so when they came out, Dylan immediately asked. "Is there anything wrong with the sweaters?"

Lilac stopped and turned her head. "Not really, but they are made of cheap materials. So of course they're kind of a little cheap too. Unexpected from Lion."

Lion was known for providing high quality designs, but seeing the sweater on the store, it seems like the quality is cannot be considered as the Lion quality. "They either need to replace their manufacturer, or the director of design."

"Cheap materials can't be used?" Dylan asked her.

"Can. They can use imitating fabrics, or the fabrics that are similar but is cheaper than the original, that way they could mass produce without worrying about losing the capital. Although the last project that I held was a success, it could also be considered unsuccessful."

"Why is that?" Dylan leaned closer. Of course he knew that it was because the sales rate of that design immediately dropped over the following years. Lion also stopped marketing them, it almost disappeared on the market.

But listening to Lilac talk about anything, be it her experience or work, so long as he can talk to her, he will listen.

Lilac continued to talk about the market and that design until they reached the physical store.

***

Not even twenty four hours have passed, the entertainment news was already filled with several dating rumor headlines.

"THE FORMER FOREVER MEMBER, DYLAN AGUAS WAA SPOTTED IN PUBLIC DATING THE CEO OF THE RISING DARK HORSE OF THE FASHION INDUSTRY"

The public relations can't even utter a word looking at the paparazzi photos that were distributed between different news companies.

"We won't be dead, right?" Eleanor's expression couldn't be explained. Several emotions are twisted on her stomach making her uncomfortable.

Faye looked at the hate comments directed at the company. The public relations team 1 already created a chart about the amount of hate and positive comments that Dylan and Lilac are receiving.