Chapter 8

Chapter 8

To understand is different from to accept. Although she absorbed every single explanation and understands that he cared about her, leading to that rash decision, she can't accept the fact that he only remember himself in the relationship when it comes to decisions.

Lilac sat in a window corner of the restaurant, the melancholy classic music playing on the background didn't matched the busy nightlife outside. She look out the window, facing the busy street, it was late at night and yet people were still busy going here and there.

Unlike the centre of the city where people were going home or to work, West Cloud District's nightlife was for the young ones, and for those who live their life willfully, for those who live a YOLO style.

Lilac seemed out of placing, as she sat down quietly, chugging down the wine at hand, immersed on her own world. The outside and even in the inside, only she was gloomy, but she didn't notice it.

She leaned on the chair and swirled the glass of wine, the purple red colour left a red aftereffect in the glass for a second before sliding back to the wine. Normally, she will go to the amusement park to freshen up her mind, and normally, she only takes wine and not other alcohol drinks.

But today, for some reason, she was able to finish the bottle of wine quickly, and then asked for a bottle of vodka on the waiter. She sighed, as her eyelashes trembled, she lowered her head, and her disheveled hair fell on her face, hiding her trembling eyelashes and the tears falling directly on the glass of vodka she's holding on her lap.

Painful. It's too painful that she can't held back her trembling shoulders and silent sobs.

No one noticed this extremely out of place figure, whimpering secretly near the window. Although drunk, she was still collected, only her emotions were a little scattered, but overall, the redness of her eyes and her cries were the only proof that she's drunk already.

The lights on the street varied in different colour, some were bright neon colours. There were those that has a melancholy lights; dim, as if among the bright scattered lights in this district, you can find some place where all the melancholy feelings gathers.

Among those establishments, Dylan came out of the door, holding a cup of hot Americano. It was late at night, and yet he's wandering here aimlessly, as if he will have no trouble if he was discovered.

He sniffed on the bitter aroma of the coffee to relieve his migraine. He barely escaped their group leader's chatters and slipped off to West Cloud.

He passed by a classical designed restaurant and was attracted by the music seeping from the inside. He was supposed to only take a glimpse of what's inside, when his eyes landed on a certain figure by the window.

This woman, he have only seen her thrice in this life. One, in the amusement park, and he immediately owe her something. Two, on the Lion company buildinging, when he discovered that she was his best friend's ex girlfriend. What happened earlier this morning, he also have no idea. When Lilac returned, she was not as gentle as before.

She appeared as the same workaholic and formal senior designer Lilac, but once he met her eyes, he noticed that she was slightly furrowed. Too slightly, that if you didn't notice the emotions well-hidden in her eyes, those furrowed brows were normal in sight.

Afterwards, he and Timothy were dragged back to the van by Tyrizen. He had no choice to confirm why this woman's reddened eyes seemed to speak injustice and helplessness. Have Timothy done something to her?

Ah, no! No! It's impossible for Timothy to hurt this woman that he brags about day and night and in every second of his life, about two years ago.

His train of thoughts was immediately cut off as the person he's looking at with those penetrating gaze and furrowed brows, finally noticed that someone is watching her.