Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Her mind drifted back to the memories that she held herself back from thinking. Because they were so good, too good that they made her question why she was left broken.

Timothy tightly hugged her, his head leaned on her shoulders, sobbing in silence. Lilac tightened her embrace, at the same time patting his back gently and brushing his hair. "Are you tired?" Her gentle voice was like a soothing warm soup in your stomach in the middle of the frightening cold days.

Timothy felt like he was about to curl himself into a ball, like a kid trying to fit into a small fabric to give himself some warmth. He gave a muffle "Mn" in response.

That day, it was all the same. He went home- he went to Lilac's house, just like the usual every Sunday. Lilac was waiting by the door patiently, and when the door opened, she opened her arms wide with a sweet smile.

It broke him down. Timothy immediately burrowed his head on her neck and started sobbing. He stayed liked that for an hour, before Lilac finally asked if he was tired.

Timothy raised his head. Seeing the same gentle gaze that Lilac showers him, he finally breathe calmly, but his heart was still stirred like a boiling soup.

Lilac leaned closer to his ear, and asked. "What? Do you want to eat, or sleep?"

The sun was nearly down. The golden rays of the sun fell on Lilac's face, making her appear dazzling. Timothy didn't answered and just silently stared.

It was as if Lilac knew what he want already, and immediately drew apart from the hug. She turn around and walked to the kitchen. "I'll cook. Just wait and rest. Okay?"

"Mn. Okay." Timothy answered in a nasal tone, nodding his head obediently, and walking towards the living room.

He rested for a moment, but then, the aroma of Lilac's cooking made his restless heart calm down. He closed his eyes from a moment before standing up and sneaking into the kitchen.

He stayed near the refrigerator for three minutes, watching Lilac stir the dishes. A smile can't help but rose on his lips.

Ah~. In this world, the best girlfriend is his girlfriend!

Lilac can feel his gentle stares on her back, her lips quirked as she busy herself on cooking. Not a second later, she felt someone lean on her back. Timothy sneakily wrapped his arms on her waist, sniffing on her clothes.

"Not resting anymore?" Lilac gently asked, without stopping on cooking.

Timothy answered with a humm, shaking his head. "I'll help you. There's no such thing as a free meal in this world, after all."

She chuckled and pat his arm, "Just wait for the food, eat, and then you'll wash the dishes after."

Timothy mumbled an "Ah, alright." And then reluctantly let Lilac cook without anyone holding her from the back. He sat down on the chair and watch the smoke billow around Lilac, and sweat hang on her nape. From time to time, her hair would sway, and then, she will sneak a glance on him. Whenever their eyes met, Timothy will raise his brows, and mutter, "What?"

Lilac will shake her head and then turn around. Actually, her heart was also restless, but seeing him alright, she just let the subject that's as bothering her on the box. "Nevermind, we'll discuss it next time." She said in her heart, coaxing herself not to overthink about it.

About an hour later, all the meals were put on the table. Lilac and Timothy silently ate at first, until Lilac finally can't hold on.

"You... I saw that a lot of people are scolding you these past few days. The dating scandal, it was about us, right?"