Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Lilac was not like that before their break up." Faye took a piece of the cake she's eating and much on it.

"What do you mean by not like that?" The nosy Dylan asked, leaning towards her.

"Why is it that you love asking a lot of things about her lately?" Lei interrupted, pinching Dylan lightly on his cheek. "I know that you and Lilac are near being friends but she's still your boss right now."

"Correction, our boss." Dylan said and slapped her hand. "I just think she's interesting, by the fact that Timothy is willing to choose her over every famous female idol around us. Just what was in her."

Lei laughed out loud and knocked his shoulders, "Idiot. Your friend is really just a loyal person. Unlike you, who's involved on every kind of scandals."

"This is what you get if you are the star above all. You'll get into all kinds of trouble, including scandals." Dylan joked, but half of his words are not, Faye can easily read between the lines. She's aware that this person must've suffered a great deal of bad treatment. "The showbiz circle is much more cruel than you think."

"It's all the same everywhere. Whatever you are, once someone thinks you're in their way, they will always think of a way to get rid of you." Faye shrugged her shoulders. "If Lilac didn't quit before someone kicked her out, she would never have been able to enter the circle again, or make a comeback."

"What do you mean?" Dylan asked.

"Someone from Lion wanted her off of the circle, although she's just a designer, she's a significant one. One that even fashion critiques expresses their admiration for. She's really not just making a sound in the circle right now because of that someone's presence." She looked at Dylan and smirked, "If she agrees to be your partner, she'll make a comeback, and you'll get the designer that you want for your team."

"We both wish the best for her. So, can you please do your best?" Lei had a mocking tone, but she was sincere about this. She cares for Lilac.

After finishing their afternoon coffee, the three of them immediately went back to the botique. There's less than a week before they depart to Manila for the charity gala. Each of them is extremely busy.

Faye is in charge of managing the expenses and reservation matters, as well as confirming their schedules for the one week show.

Lei and Dylan, on the other hand, were both busy on the rehearsals with the models of their product, as well as revisions on the style design. Of course, fashion comes in package. Jewels, shoes, bags and other accessories should be added to make the model shine better.

"This one will suit the high slit cut better." Dylan raised a simple yet elegant drop pair of earrings. "Try this one on her."

"And this one too. Let's see if this one is better or this is better." Lei put a small diamond piece of earring on the make up artists hand. "The make up should not be heavy, nor should it be too plain. Make it elegant."

"Is there anything else, Miss Lei?" The make up artist asked.

"Nothing else."

Today, they're busy doing a photoshoot. Although it is for just a simple presentation book, Lilac told them to put more attention and be careful on doing it to prevent any problem from occuring.

While they are busy on prepping, Lilac is also busy going back and forth on several meetings with Emperor's Palace for the past few days. They've already discussed the penalties once they couldn't get through the contract.

Once Emperor's Palace's investment on them didn't return, they will have to pay for the liquid damages and some other compensation.

Deadlines are the worst enemies in the world, especially the immovable and fixed deadlines. Today, it felt like it was as far as the mountains, but tomorrow, it will be as if the mountains moved right in front of your door. It comes faster than a cheetah. Everyone hates deadline. Even Lilac and her team.