Chapter 30

Chapter 30

"So, it was someone he would never want to lose." Lilac walked back and forth inside her office. "He's close with her, but it's not Faye, or Lei."

Could it be me?

Lilac suddenly stopped going back and forth, looking outside the window, she suppressed her grin.

It could be me.

"Right, it could be me. We're close too." She murmured and then giggled.

She looks like a highschool student who suddenly knew that her crush shared the same feelings with her.

"Then, should I confess? Then we'll be together after that, and then we'll go on dates and then..."

Thinking about holding Dylan's hands and hugging him, Lilac blushed without her knowing. "Oh my god. It's not like I never hugged or held his hands before."

Another thing crossed her mind. Dylan's lips were-

Lilac stiffened, as if she was awakened by a cold bucket of ice.

Yes. That's right. Dylan pushed her away, how could he like her?

Lilac can't help but roll her eyes and go back on working, this time, she's even more focused and drowned on doing her work.

When her secretary entered the office after several knocks on the door, she saw that the office started to become messy.

She frowned deeply and walked cautiously. Although her boss was kind, the person that she is when she's anxious or focused is not someone to be messed with.

Only their Chairman and Miss Faye can handle her.

"Miss Lilac, Sir Dylan is calling you to his office. He said that he will discuss about something important." She said, while carefully peeking at Lilac's reaction.

Her eyes trembled when Lilac frowned. Usually, whenever she hears about Dylan's name, she will calm down, by today was different.

Lilac gave a perfunctory response, and dismissed her, she doesn't seem like she will go to the chairman.

Jasmine tilted her head while frowning. Despite of following her for almost a year, she really can't grasp how her boss' mind actually works.

While leaving, she carefully closed the door before turning around. Turning her body, she almost fell, if only she wasn't holding on the door knob.

The chairman is actually here already.

"Jasmine."

Jasmine nod her head and immediately greeted Dylan before saying, "Miss Lilac doesn't seem like she wanted to be disturbed."

Dylan only nod his head before turning the door open and entering the office silently. Jasmine gave the closed door a second look before finally leaving.

When Lilac heard the door open, she thought that Jasmine was back to remind her again, "I'm not going..." But when she raised her head, her words paused. "Why are you here?"

Dylan didn't seem to be busy, he looked around first before picking up a few crumpled papers and putting them on the bin.

After moving around for a while, Lilac's brows finally eased. She watched Dylan tidying up the office that she started messing an hour ago.

She really felt conflicted inside, that she can't help but sigh, and cross her arms across her chest. "Why are you being kind?"

What a dumb question. He was always like this.