4| Permanent Scars

Start from the beginning

''As in?'' I questioned, turning around in the chair. 

''His whole chest has been scratched open. It's urgent.'' 

''I want you to start removing anything that's left in the wounds. Things that would pause the healing process. I'll be there shortly.'' 

She nodded before rushing out of the room. I turned back to my boss with a sympathetic look, throwing my thumb over my shoulder and towards the door. 

He nodded and waved his hand at me. ''Go on, people need you.'' 

''Thank you.'' With a curt nod, I spun out of the chair and out the door. I ran down to the bites and scars division, pushing open the door and making a grand entrance. It reminded me of Snape sometimes. But now I know why he did those.

A few nurses had flanked my sides when they entered, all saying different things at the same time as one another. I let out a deep breath, before calling on one of them to start speaking.

''Is he unconscious?''

''Yes. Has been since he's been brought here.''

''When was he found?''

''We don't know.''

''Any whereabouts?'"

''No.''

''Witnesses?''

''Not that we know of. Someone brought him in and is currently in the waiting room. We haven't questioned him yet. 

''I'll question him after this. Someone tell him to wait, give him a lollipop or something for contributing.''

One of the nurses rushed out the door, I arrived to the bed with the injured patient. 

Only, I didn't know the patient would mean so much to me at the time. 

''All right.'' I called out. ''Everyone out. Thank you in advance.''

The rest of the nurses and doctors had left the room, leaving me alone with the patient. I usually worked without other people around, which made it easier for me to maneuver around the room without waiting or bumping into anyone else. 

On a tiny platter, I had seen small pebbles and rocks that were covered in blood. All that must've been in the wounds. I was now able to start cleaning up the wounds and stitching it up without wasting anymore time. 

I took notice of the scars. Three deep gashes went down and across his chest. Blood still dropped down from the wounds, so I gently cleaned it without trying to hurt him any further. I let out a shaky breath before continuing on the wound.

From the looks of it, I could definitely tell that it had occurred from a Werewolf. I knew it wasn't me, because I had taken Wolfsbane that afternoon. Who else was out there, sharing the same pain that I went through every full moon?

When I had finished and bandaged the wounds, I looked down at my completed work. He was still unconscious, thankfully. So I didn't have to worry about the pain he went through as I worked with his wound.

''What have you gotten yourself into, Draco Malfoy.'' I shook my head with a sigh, removing the gloves I had previously put on. 

With my back faced towards the blonde, I started to put away the medical supplies. It only took near an hour to get Draco's wounds treated. Sadly, I couldn't use magic to heal them. Werewolf scars are permanent and need to heal the Muggle way. 

A pained groan sounded from behind me. I turned around to face Draco, seeing him raise his right hand to rub down his face. But in the process, he winced and brought it back down against the bed. He looked down at his bandaged wrapped chest. White covers had covered him from his feet and up to his chest.