DR3. You + Me = 3

Start from the beginning

I'm only hoping she feels better before her family arrive and our trip.

She had already been excited for today, complaining that it had been too long since she got to hang out with Blake and Rachel (Michael's new girlfriend). The grey look on her face was all the apologies anybody needed.

I thank Blake for the ride home, slamming the door of his car a little harder than intended earning a glare from him before he pulls away, back down the path. I can't help the excitement that shoots through me as I head to the front door.

"Hey?" I call as I enter home. Instead of the predicted TV show playing through the building there's nothing. It's eerily silent as I pull my shoes off. The light expression on my face falling to one of more concern as I look around. "Ambs?!" She said she was feeling better before I left, it's the only reason I agreed to go. An uneasy feeling sets in me.

She's not a quiet person, not like this.

"Hey," her voice is quieter than usual, more vulnerable. I don't think it's normal how my heart aches at the sound, wanting to change it back to it's more confident usual tone immediately. She's staring at a box in front of her with such intensity I'm wondering if she's trying to use a form of mind control. Her teeth are clamped down on her bottom lip, chewing nervously as her hands wring. The concern rising in me isn't enough to stop my eyes glancing at her barely covering chest but it's only for half a second.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I can't help but make my way towards her in the kitchen. She just blinks unmoving and the feeling of unease triples in size.

"I-" Amber stutters over her words and her position for a moment. Words failing her as she runs a hand over her face. I can't help but reach for her hand once it drops squeezing it encouragingly, forcing her to look at me. "Something's happened." The vague look in her eyes of disbelief that comes with the words is enough to make panic rise in me.

"Is everything okay? Are you okay?" The questions leave me quickly, mind flickering through possible scenarios. "Your Mum? Lando?" I ask, itching for more clues into what's caused her so much panic. Amber isn't like this, she's usually so calm, willing to talk it all out. Especially with me.

"Fine!" The word is tight and higher pitched than it would be if she was really fine. I don't believe her for a second.

She's not fine.

"That doesn't sound fine Ambs." I voice my concern, rounding the counter of the kitchen so that instead of opposite her I'm stood at her side. My hand instinctively reach for her waist, smoothing over her skin there over her clothes. Amber leans into me, almost instinctively but it's not as welcoming as she usually is, she's distracted by whatever the hell is going on. Colder than she should be.

"I don't...know if you-we're ready for this." Amber mumbles slowly making my eyebrows furrow in questioning. If her words were any quieter I wouldn't have caught them.

"For what?" I try not to show the panic rising in my chest my hand gripping onto her a little harder as nausea takes over. Does she mean us?! This relationship?! She can't. "Don't be...babe, tell me what's going on." I trip over my words spiralling in front of Amber's eyes as she just looks to me...scared? "It'll be okay. Whatever it is we'll make it work." I promise because we can. She just needs to tell me the problem and I'll make it better, use every resource I have to make it okay for her. She should know that already.

Amber only swallows slowly, her head nodding in vacant acknowledgement of my words as I will her to share more. Anything more! Because I feel like I'm dying here waiting for her to share.