41. Holiday Mode

The vibe is Daydreaming by Harry 🥰

Tysm for reading as always and all the votes and comments I love them! ❤️

"Babe." A voice calls as I doze under the sun. "Ba-abe..." it comes again and my eyes flutter. "Amber," my name is almost cheered and suddenly I'm paying more attention to the voice. In reply I can only murmur quietly, shifting in my spot and adjusting my cap on my head still half asleep.

That is until a splash of water rings though my ear and rains over my body. I squeak in shock at the feeling of the icy water hitting my body, my eyes almost instantly snapping open. I'm suddenly wide awake. When I turn my head in the direction of the splash Daniel is just looking at me with a warm excited look on his face. He's grinning at me in that teasing way that only he can manage and my heart flutters at the sight. "What?" I ask lightly, taking off my cap and sliding my sunglasses back over my face. I say 'my', they're actually a pair of Daniel's ray-ban's I'd stolen from him yesterday.

"Are you getting in the pool?" He asks, face still bright with entertainment dancing in him. All he had to do was ask and I'd be there, but the smile on his face and the warm look he's sending me just makes his question impossible to say no to.

"Do you want me to get in the pool?" I ask, teasing in my voice and a smile on my face. I'm flirting with him, shamelessly so, and he knows it. Daniel is just grinning at me as he flicks his fingers through the water, splashing me with droplets once more. This time I don't gasp just send a playful glare in his direction.

"Yes please." He sends an innocent look with the words hands moving to splash me once more. It only makes me smile and grin more as I rise from my spot, taking a sip from my bottle of water before slowly making my way over to the white pool which is drenched in sunlight.

Daniel wades his way over to the steps, reaching his hands out for me as I dip my toe into the cool water before easing my way in. It's refreshing against my warm skin and I find myself sighing at the feel. The moment I'm close enough, Daniel interlaces his fingers with mine as I bounce my way closer to him in the water. The water goes up to my chest or the bottom of Daniel's ribs in the spot we're stood until he pulls me into the deeper end of the pool.

My toes barely touch the floor in this part of the private pool and we're almost dancing with each other through our entangled hands. "So tonight..." he begins voice certain as I tilt my head up to look at him, adjusting his sunglasses over my eyes. Daniel just smiles at me when he notices them. We'd not discussed the fact that I'd stolen his sunglasses, but I knew he'd been secretly loving it. He's sent me a glowing look and small grin whenever he spotted them on my head over the last two days.

"Tonight?" I echo in questioning as Daniel dips his head to press a gentle kiss on my cheek. I'm dying for him to wrap his arms around me and be held closer to him. I feel like we've almost been attached at the hip for the last two days and I want nothing more than for it to continue.

He seemed down after the race on Sunday, when he returned to the hotel to meet me and collect our things before the flight here I'd made every effort to cheer him up. It was a frustrating race with a questionable strategy and an irritating end with Daniel receiving a penalty. I tried my best, but with every effort to cheer him up he'd simply hold my hand a little tighter or pull me close to his body. Since then, Daniel's mood has (thankfully) exponentially improved, thanks to Michael's 24 hour rule, but his clingy-ness level has not reduced. Not that I'm complaining.

I'm loving every second.

"I've organised a dinner." Daniel states simply again and I step closer to him resting my face on his tanned toned chest. "It's overlooking the ocean...at sunset." My heart flutters at the thought of the date. We ventured down to the beach yesterday, spending the afternoon walking along the beach, climbing the rocks and swimming in the crystal-like waters. I can only imagine how stunning the sight is at sunset. It sounds like a dream. Honestly this whole island is like something out of a dream.