45. The Gala

"There'll never be another," - Black & White by Niall Horan

It's a long one! Strap ya selves in 🥰

"You look..." Daniel trails off his hands around my waist, his head nuzzling into my bare neck, leaving a soft kiss there. "Stunning." He almost groans against me, pressing another kiss to the bare skin there. It's not the first time he's done it. More like the hundredth.

"You really think so?" I ask running a comb through my hair, putting the straight strands back in their place and adjusting a clip to keep it in the half up half down style. Butterflies swirl in my stomach as I run my fingers over the smooth white dress I'd selected for tonight. Daniel's fingers follow my own down the fabric and I laugh to myself quietly at his reaction. I've never been this dressed up around him, not even on the night we met. Getting ready has been a struggle. He's been almost constantly pawing at my skin, squeezing my hips and lacing brief kisses for my neck.

At one point I even crumbled and we ended up making out on the bed for fifteen minutes before I realised we didn't have the time to go any further. Since then it's only been more difficult to keep our hands off eachother. Every time Daniel's fingers brush against my skin my skin tingles with warmth and excitement and there's a pull somewhere deep inside me. It's taking everything in me not to crumble and allow us be very very late for this event.

"You're always the most beautiful person in every room." Daniel says against my skin. He's been a little twitchy the last few days. The pressure of returning to work and sharing everything that's happening with the public getting to him. Now that everything is out there in the open it's nice to see him more relaxed and back to his cuddly self. Even if it is only until the big return to the track tomorrow. "But tonight?" He asks, and his fingers dancing against my body making butterflies swirl in my stomach, my body fizzes with warmth and adoration.

If it were any easier to take this dress off I have no doubt it would be in a pile on the floor as our bodies rocked together. However, the hidden zip at the side is a little stiff and the material hard to pull over my head. Therefore, I don't think having the dress torn off me is a worry I need to have (although I think worry may be the wrong word- I would love it).

"Tonight you're the most gorgeous woman in the world." Daniel almost whispers in my ear and he presses a soft kiss to my cheek. I grin at his words, cheeks flushing and chest heating with the glowing look of adoration in his eyes. If I focus on the low growl to his voice too much I could almost moan.

My hands run over the lapels of his suit, pressing my palms into the smooth expensive fabric.

Who'd have thought that six months ago I'd be attending a Richard Mille Formula One gala in Belgium as the date of Daniel Ricciardo wearing a custom white gown? Certainly not me.

I still can't fully believe it now.

"I think you're looking pretty good too." I say with a grin, tapping my hands softly against his chest. Daniel nods in agreement at my compliment, posing in front of me with a small pout on his face, smouldering in my direction. I giggle at the action, reaching up a little further on my toes than my heels allow. Our lips press together softly three times before I drop down onto my heels. "I just have lipstick, then I'm done." I explain the smile instantly returning my face.

"Cool. I'll make sure there's a car downstairs." Daniel says with a nod of his head. I nod too at his words, reaching for the lipstick in front of the vanity mirror of our hotel room. Before he gets even a step away his hand lands against my ass softly, squeezing the skin there through the material of my dress which makes me squeal and giggle pathetically. I swat his hand away, faking a glare in Daniel's direction and he only smiles at me, laughing to himself with my reaction.