23. Jump

You guys!! Thank you so much for all the reads bc 1st of all WOW, 2nd of all were climbing this charts baby!
Please remember to vote and comment to keep things where they are (but mostly because I love it 🥰)

"For once let's be honest, if you jump then I'm jumping too," - We don't say..., Mabel

"I hate you." I puff out, slowing my pace beside Daniel. He's almost running rings around me, it's a little embarrassing I'll admit it.

"Come on, it's not too much further." Daniel tries to encourage me whilst jogging on the spot. I bend over, trying my best to catch my breath as I fan myself trying to cool down. The sun is beating down on my back and it's only 10am.

It's completely unfair and beyond infuriating because nobody has ever looked as good as Daniel whilst working out. I'm pretty sure I look a mess, my skin hot and blotchy, hair slicked back with sweat from the exertion and heat. It's way hotter than I thought it was gonna be, not that I could be wearing much less anyway.

Daniel had groaned as if in pain when I walked out of my room in only cycling shorts and a sports bra, my hair neatly tied into a ponytail. I teased him and dragged him out the door before he could get his hands on me. I knew if he touched me we wouldn't make it to the elevator, much less out the doors of his apartment building and we'd been planning on doing a run for three days now.

"It's harder to start again once you stop Ambs, come on." Daniel encourages, he's still jogging on the spot. He's so fit it's unreal, he'd already done an hour and a half workout with Michael before I even had breakfast. I nod in agreement at his words, I know that and usually I'm okay with running - it's my go to form of exercise. I'm just not used to the Monegasque hills Daniel's been dragging me up. I tend to keep my routes flatter than this one, and run in the cooler British weather. "Once we reach the top, the route down is the best!" He enthuses as I stretch out my calf preparing to get going again.

Music continues to pound in my left ear and I begin to move again. I follow Daniel's lead and direction, focusing on the beat of the music trying to match my feet pounding on the pavement to it. We've split a pair of AirPods, I have the left ear, Daniel the right. No surprise he has a specific playlist for working out and I'm loving it. It's a mix of rap and house music. Every time a new song starts Daniel tells me a fun fact about it or the artist behind it, his knowledge on the subject is never ending. It spurs me on to keep up with him. If I could I'd know his every thought I think I would.

Plus, the sight of him out of breath and sweaty isn't one to be missed, I only wish it was because of me he was so exhausted (we still haven't quite gotten that far). Despite me staying at his apartment for almost a week now He'd been the perfect gentleman. Sure, we kissed and touched and teased, but not a single item of clothing had been removed. Unless you count yesterday where we rented a boat with Lando, Lu and Daniel's friends and spent half the day swimming and tanning.

I'm slowly losing all sense of resolve.

Daniel has slowed his pace a little, it allows me to keep up with him a little better. I don't have to stop again. I'm still struggling though when we reach the peak of the hill we've been climbing for the last twenty five minutes. "Okay, now you are trying to kill me!" I groan as we come to a stop.

Daniel is a little breathless as we stop, he stretches quietly in his spot shaking his head before taking another swig out of his water bottle. When he offers the bottle to me I steal it, squeezing some of the icy water into my mouth with a gasp. I'm glad he brought it, I couldn't even hold anything but my weight at this point, the gradient of the hill he's dragged me up is really that steep.