13. We shouldn't...

Maybe rain wasn't so bad.

The wet weather didn't work out too well for Daniel, but it worked out great for Lando who placed third. It was a shame for Daniel and incredibly frustrating. Turns out that his whole 'I don't crash' thing wasn't entirely true today. On the first lap he went into Carlos Sainz, the rain blinding them both in the first turn so that they ended up in the gravel. Thankfully, unlike Carlos, Daniel managed to skirt out of the gravel, but it meant that he was in last place for the rest of the race.

I don't think he was too impressed with it either.

His press interviews following the race were subdued, a complete flip on Lando's energised and excited smiles. He went to apologise to Carlos both on and off camera, I caught it on the tv screens during all of Lando's celebrations with the team.

Since then though, he'd not been spotted. Hiding from everyone, even those in his own team. I've been quietly worrying about him through all the celebrations.

"Hey, where's Daniel?" I ask Lando who's still gripping onto his trophy proudly, a proud grin on his face. He shrugs in answer as someone else comes up to ask for a photo. I wouldn't be surprised if he's drunk, he'd had a little champagne and he barely drinks. The slightly dazed look on his face makes me laugh. It's almost confirmation of my wondering.

Lando Norris is drunk on a little champagne.

Lightweight.

The whole team is suddenly crowding him, cheering and pushing for a photograph of them all but I can't find the other key member. Everyone is clapping Lando but I can't help but scan the garage for Daniel. I didn't even see him in person after the race, too busy celebrating Lando's podium finish.

It would be a lie to say I or anyone here expected it.

My eyes land on Michael, he's dressed in the white and orange team polo watching the celebrations with a small smile on his face from the frame of the garage doors. He's in casual conversation with another dark haired man, the two of them chatting as the stranger taps away on a phone.

I make my way over to them, pulling the slouched fit leather jacket closer to my body. I wish I packed my big cream puffer coat, I honestly didn't think it was going to be this cold. Note to self: check the weather report for future trips. I can't be freezing like this at another race. "Where is he?" I ask, approaching Michael who frowns at the mention of Daniel. He simply shoots his finger up, in the direction of Daniel's room. I should've known he'd be nearby, they're never usually too far from eachother.

"He's sulking." Is all I'm offered by Mike, a shake of his head paired with the words. He might've even rolled his eyes.

"Oh," I hum, deciding that here is as good a place as anywhere to watch Lando's celebrations. It was all getting a little too chaotic for me in the middle of it all.

"This is Blake, Dan's manager, by the way." Michael says pointing me on the direction of the dark haired man beside him.

"Heard a lot about you Amber." Blake greets his hand reaching to shake mine. I take it with a smile. I wish I could say the same about him, Ive heard his name brought up once or twice but heard nothing about the guy. Of course I knew that Daniel had a manager but I never thought about him attending races. I suppose it makes sense, Lando's manager Simon appears now and again too.

"It's good to meet you." I'm distracted by Daniels disappearance and well aware I'm not giving this guy the best first impression of me.

"Should...someone not check in with him?" By someone I may or may not be talking about me. There's an ache in my chest at the thought of Daniel being remotely sad because of today. Especially when he helped me so much yesterday. There was nothing he could've done to avoid the crash - at least not to me.