15. Catch Up

Thank you sooooo much! Enjoy ❤️

"It's so good to see you!" Carlos greets enveloping me in a hug. He's taller than I remember him being when he and Lando were teammates. I swear.

"It's been too long." I almost squeak in reply as we separate. I've been buzzing with excitement all day. I haven't seen Carlos in over 7 months and didn't realise how much I'd missed him until his message popped up on my Instagram earlier today. Lando greets Carlos with that classic man hug that makes me roll my eyes - I wish they'd just hug like normal, god knows Lando is cuddly enough when he wants to be.

Charles is sat, his hands interlocked as his eyes flick around almost nervously. He wears a small smile on his face, a black tee and a dusting of stubble. "It's good to finally meet you, I'm Amber." I introduce holding my hand out towards Charles who takes it softly in his, his smile immediately widening.

"Charles," he says, as if anyone here this weekend doesn't know who he is. He has a small grin which is just infectious and I find myself mirroring it immediately. I've always thought Charles looked like he should be in a late 90s/early 2000's boy band - he's certainly got the looks for it. Dark perfectly styled hair, cute features and a smirk which could make teen girls pass out. Maybe Ferrari are trying to assemble a driver boy band?

Charles and Lando had known of eachother for years with mutual friends here and there. However, it wasn't until they both entered into F1 that they actually became friends and discovered they actually have a lot in common. Now they have Carlos in common too. The two share a smile as I sit myself down opposite him, Lando to my left.

The place we're at is once again stunning, as the whole of Miami has been so far. Even now at 7pm, when the sun has slipped down beyond the horizon, it's a solid 28 degrees, and it's just so much hotter during the day under the sun. Hence why most of my days here have been spent exploring beaches or around the pool drinking cocktails. It's been the most amazing few days and I'm starting to get the most fabulous tan! I think this may be my favourite trip so far. Everyone in Miami is so lovely, the places I've visited are beautiful and I've had a lot of peace instead of being hauled in different directions all the time.

Also, the heat is the perfect excuse to avoid the track - and Daniel. Lando and Daniel's week had been pretty packed with press and race prep anyway. I won't have been much of a miss. It's been more than I've seen for any other race so I don't think I'm missed at the track at all. Each day Lando has been complaining about being tired either over dinner or text as he declines any offers I have to join him in favour of FaceTiming Lu.

Lando was in charge of planning this evenings outing, as he was the only one with everyone's contact details. He huffed and complained at my request to organise the night before realising it meant he could irritate Carlos and poke fun at him before the weekend even started. Instead of dinner, which could ruin everyone's meal plans before a race day, he opted for a bar not far from our hotel. I must say he chose well, it's almost breathtaking (as everywhere I go on these trips seems to be).

Palm trees are dotted around the surrounding area of the bar which is lit only with candles and small twinkling lights. The sky has faded into a dusky blue, the moon shimmering against the sea brightly. There's a low hum of acoustic music through the speakers accompanied by the crashing of waves from the sea which we're overlooking. Each chair is like a mini sofa and I'm wondering how much it would cost to get one shipped back home. Probably too much; more than I'll have in my bank account, at least.

I'm beginning to think he had help picking this place out. My mind immediately flicks to Luisa, this is exactly the kind of place she'd like. I wonder if he's screening it for a vacation here with her. It seems like the kind of thing Lando would do for her. I don't think anybody could say Lando is a bad boyfriend.