6. Movie Night

Tysm for reading! Please keep voting, commenting and adding to your reading lists ❤️

"How is lover boy?" I roll my eyes at Lilly's question. I'd made the mistake of telling my best friend everything that happened back in Monza. Now she spends every phone call fishing for more information about Daniel, even if there isn't anything to tell.

"He's not..." The defence will only make me sound guilty so instead I just roll my eyes and nod. "He's okay." I concede. This makes Lill laugh on the other side of the FaceTime video. "He's actually coming here any minute." Lilly gives a teasing 'oooh' at my admission as I roll my eyes. It's not like that, and she knows it.

"Is Lando still ignoring you?" Lilly asks, and I snort.

"Oh course, he's so loved up it's sick." I say, him and Luísa are completely adorable together. Unfortunately for me, they still seem to be in the honeymoon phase and are all over eachother. Meaning that whenever Lando isn't training or in meetings they're snuggled up together somewhere. Hence why I'm completely discounting seeing him at all today, or the next few days even. I've been kept in good company though, so I can't fully complain.

"Leaves you a lot of time to spend with Daniel though." She states, her connection becoming a little jumpy so I can't see her face as clearly. I can picture her little smirk as she says the words though. She'll probably be trying to wobble her eyebrows around a little and failing too. My chest aches at the thought, I miss her.

"Yes, I have been spending a lot of time with my friend Daniel." I try and stress the word friend as much as possible. Since arriving in Saudi Arabia on Monday we've somehow spent at least an hour together each day. Sometimes in the additional company of Lando or Michael, but mostly alone and thankfully any awkward energy between us has quickly dissipated.

Last night, as the sun was going down myself and Dan went to the beach at the back of the hotel and ordered food to eat out there. After we ate we played a sort of ping pong/tennis hybrid in the water, each of us splashing the other when we lost a point. It was at this point that I discovered that Daniel is strangely good at all sports which don't even involve driving, resulting in me getting salt water in my eyes from how many times Daniel slapped water in my direction. I've had to wear my glasses all day because of the sting in my eyes. Then, when it was dark, we headed up to his room and watched Brooklyn nine-nine on Netflix until I was about to fall asleep. At which point I escaped Daniel's room and collapsed into my own bed.

There was nothing inappropriate about our interactions, and I frequently found myself forgetting about our activities together all those months ago. Thus, proving that this could be a successful friendship after all.

Today my friend Daniel, and Lando, had training, then meetings to prepare for the race practice tomorrow. Then, there was some press bits. I decided not to join them as I always find the press conferences pretty dry. Every now and again they were fun, but mostly just boring with questions which were obvious to answer.

Yesterday Daniel asked if we could hang out after he was finished working, and an hour ago said he would be by my room soon so we could grab dinner.

I'd spent the time until then around the pool tanning then chatting with Lills on FaceTime and editing some pictures for my Instagram.

The fact that there's even the chance for me to be making money from my social media is insane and I'm well aware of the fact. It's only because I'm willing to take a few pictures in the right places, have my account on public and - above all - be related to Lando, that I get anything. However, apparently anything can be a money making opportunity. It's a good buffer as I weigh up my career options.