50. Fast

"And I, chose you," - Maroon, Taylor Swift

Thank you f1vethirty and thalassophxle for saying this screams Damber...because I agree!

"This is amazing." For the second time in 48 hours Daniel is a little speechless. Although I must say I'm pretty speechless too. The last 36 hours have left me speechless a number of times. Now included.

The sunset dips below the mountains as the two of us sit side by side, wine glasses in hand, ready for the dinner which is being prepared by a private chef. The whole thing, yacht included, had cost me a small fortune and I'd only slightly winced when charging the trip to my card. I suppose I can't complain, I've hardly spent a lot over the last few months with Lando and Daniel taking care of my every need.

"I'm impressed myself." I admit with a small smile as we clink our glasses together with a silent 'cheers'. Our lips meeting in a gentle peck as I fall into Daniel's side, his arm looping around my shoulders pulling me closer to him.

We've been making the most of the time we have together here before heading to Monza on Wednesday evening to meet the team. Arriving in the small hours of Sunday night we immediately turned in for the night on the plush fancy hotel bed. Then we woke up early to see the breathtaking view of the lake. We spent most of the day exploring the sights of the lake, browsing the small boutique shops of the Italian town we're staying in, stopping off for coffee and dipping our toes in the lake and wobbling over the pebbled shores.

Then today, on the yacht we've spent the day moving around to different areas of the lake, swimming in the deep water and lying under the Italian sun. We're now dressed for dinner, wine (that isn't daniels) in hand as we watch the sun go down. All in all, the perfect day. "Thank you so much for organising this Ambs." He says, the thanks clear in his voice before he laces a gentle kiss to the side of me head. The action makes my heart bubble softly with emotion. "I needed it." He almost whispers to himself, it makes something in me tense with the undertone of the words. I try not to let the frustratiin and disapproval show on my face.

Daniel truly did need it, after the defeat on Sunday he was tense - whether he admitted it to me or not. Since we landed I've gradually watched his shoulder unwind, the smile on his face becoming more carefree when it's not clouded by the presence of a race car or anyone in an orange McLaren uniform. For me, the sooner he's away from the team the better. I'm so thankful for everything they've done for Lando and our family through the years. McLaren has been nothing but good to my brother. However, their approach to Daniel and the mental gymnastics they've had him doing over the last six months makes a part of me feel nauseous. I just can't stand it.

The three day break away from everything to celebrate us is just what he needs.

"Not to really jump ahead in the relationship here," I begin, resting in Daniel's side on the plush seat as I take a small sip of my wine. He makes a small 'Hm?' Sound of questioning at my half finished story. "But please promise me that in the future, (way in the future), you'll buy me a place here where we can just sit and watch the sun like this, sip on wine and not worry about a single thing." The words are quiet as I dream of the future. Picturing us here, with a place of our own.

It would feel right that it was here, Italy is where everything for us started. It's Daniel's favourite place for a reason, mine too. I'd love to spend more of my life here.

"If you wanted me to I'd buy a place tomorrow." Daniel returns, his face flat, not a sign of teasing or joking anywhere.

"Oh please!" I snort at the offer, it's genuine but I still can't take it seriously. There's no way we could just run away to Italy on a whim because he decided to make me happy by buying a house here. He's ridiculous. If he ever wants to hold onto some of those millions he's worked so hard for Daniel is going to have to learn to say no to me and my off the cuff ideas now and again. Or maybe I have to be more careful with what I say? "No, I think we have to wait for it." I say through a smile as I shake my head.