28. Forget

Remember to vote and comment! Thank you so so much for reading!!

"I can't help it I'm so into you," - Massive, Drake

The music hums around us, the thoughts in my head spinning a little as I dance to the music, hips swaying, words to the song that's playing leaving my lips. I'm grinning at Carla who's holding onto my hand reflecting my expression. We've been like this practically the whole night and if I think about it too much I think I might explode with happiness. When I close my eyes it's like I can feel the beat running through my body, the alcohol coursing through me a little faster than it did before.

The night has been so fun! With the exception that Charles had to go home not long after we arrived. Pierre escorted him back to the hotel with an amused look on his face as he stumbled his was through goodbye's. He had started speaking a broken French-English hybrid and Pierre seemed to be the only one who could fully understand him at the end of it.

After that, the night had been pretty uneventful.

Carla and I danced together between drinks, never straying too far from the booth where everyone else was sat other than to go to the bathroom. The bathroom which we spent way too long applying selfies in the stunning mirrors reapplying lipgloss and joking around with one another. At one point George had even texted Carla to ask where we disappeared to, she ignored it and pulled me away from the mirror almost snapping my ankle in the process.

I knew I would regret wearing the heels.

Lilly had been texting me since her and Charles' call. As in, practically blowing my phone up with calls and texts. I simply sent her a selfie from the mirror of the bathroom in reply, telling her to go back to sleep. It's at least 4am back in the UK and she has work in a few hours. She doesn't need to worry about anything here, that includes how Charles received her number. Based on the intermittent buzzes of my phone within my bag I'm not sure she took my advice. I'm too scared to look at my phone now.

Everytime I take a look back to the booth where Daniel and everyone else is situated I find myself grinning. He's standing with a wide smile on his face, dancing around like an idiot and laughing with George, Carlos and even Max, who made a late appearance to the party surprising us all when he walked in. He and Daniel keep making eachother crack up with inside jokes and some weird noises they make.

I didn't realise how much my feet were hurting from these shoes until Carla pulls at my hand, away from the dance floor and towards the seats where the boys were situated. "You can't hide a thing on your face." Carla laughs as I pout. She sits herself down on George's lap and I set myself down beside Daniel. "You should've just said if your feet were hurting." As if by instinct his arm wraps around my shoulders holding me close to his body as he continues to chat to max. I don't miss the way Carla raises her eyebrows at the action, I don't know how to defend it. I don't want to defend it.

"I was having fun!" Is all I can say a smile on my face as I reach for a bottle of cool water on the table. I'd switched from alcohol about twenty minutes ago when Daniel asked if I was 'sure' I wanted another one. He's clearly taking his instructions from Lando to take care of me seriously.

"Amber!" Max calls seeing me sat down close him, I smile in his direction, leaning over Daniel to give him a hug. Smiling as I return the call of his name.

"You guys know eachother?" Daniel asks, his voice deep and loud over the music playing and eyebrows furrows. Max and I smile at eachother nodding.

"I flew with Max between Portugal and Barcelona last year." I explain leaning a little into Daniels's body. I'd gotten the week off of work and joined the Portuguese race last minute. I was meant to be going home but after going out for dinner with Lando, Max and Carlos it was instead decided that we'd all fly to Barcelona together. I spent the week with him, Lando and Checo.