31. My Girl

To stop everyone from panicking pls know that Amber is not pregnant, she's just very sick. It's all fine!

Enjoy the cuteness!

"Babe," Daniel says the name softly reaching for me and I only pout at him a tired grin gracing my face as I take a slow step back.

"I don't wanna get you sick." I mumble, my voice weak as I slump a little against the wood of the front door. My eyes are still all watery and voice is weak.

"Amber," he says my name gently and I pout at the sound my chest aching. I've missed him so much. I can't believe he's here.

"If you can't race Silverstone because of me I'd die! And I'm already pretty close to it so please don't push me." I joke, there's no variation in my tone though so it just sounds like a dry complaint.

I play with my hair self consciously, the mass of loose curls on my head suddenly feeling uncomfortable in his presence. I at least look like I'm about to die, I know that much. There's a pinch of silence between us as I pout and just look at him with disbelief.

"Fuck that!" Daniel huffs at my hesitation, that smile that makes my heart hurt on his lips.

With one step he's level with me and engulfs me in his arms. I let myself fall into his body, holding my weight up was getting too tiring anyway. My hands tie into his shirt for extra support as I breathe him in, his usual woody smell soothing me as I fall into him relaxing in his hold.

"How are you even here?" I hum, my eyes playing the dangerous game of floating closed, body still pressed into Daniel's. His hand is running up and down my back and it's the best I've felt in 24 hours.

"There's this thing...called a car? Dunno if you've heard of it, but it's crazy!" He cheers sarcastically. "Literally insane!" I don't have the energy to complain or swat Daniel's arm for his teasing words. Instead, I just make a small whining sound and he presses a soft kiss to the top of my head against the messed up curls. "What do you mean how am I here?" He asks his voice quiet as if he knows about the splitting ache between my eyes.

"How? Why? You should be at the track." I point out, chewing down on my lower lip as Daniel's hand makes its way into my head, weaving between the tied up strands and holding me softly.

"Well, practice is over and I heard my girl is so sick she can't even sit up straight" I swear when he said 'my girl' my heart doubled in size. "So I thought 'why not go and see her'?" Daniels words are playful. My heart is almost bursting.

"It's so far!" I hate how whiny my voice sounds.

"It's only an hour. I'd drive further if I had to." Daniel says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Daniel..." his name leaves my lips, my chest aching from all the effort he's made. "It's your birthday." I note leaning away from his body to look at him with soft eyes. He makes a small 'eh' noise as he shrugs lazily, his hand grasps at mine holding on softly.

"It's still my birthday here." He notes and I coo softly with his words.

"You should be going out and celebrating." I try and he shakes his head.

"My plans for tonight were to spend it with you, probably ordering room service and watching a movie." Daniel says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. "I can hardly go mad with qualifying tomorrow. I can't think of a better celebration." He admits and I feel myself pout. I still feel like I'm holding him back, I'm not exactly up for a fun night right now.

"Your parents..." I trail off looking up at Daniel with my dad eyes. He just shakes his head at my words.

"Are here all week." He finishes for me and I blink slowly at him. "They agreed someone should check on you." He adds casually and I find myself pouting.