8. Australia

Make sure to comment and vote! And as always thank you so much for reading!
Hope you enjoy this super long chapter ❤️

As expected the jet lag kicked my ass. I'm adjusting, but slowly. I attempted the gym with Lando yesterday morning, but as soon as I got back to the room I crashed, my body confused by the bright sunshine outside when it was only 2am at home.
After that I struggled to stay up very long, spending the day snoozing until dinner time when I ate then, because of the darkness outside, went back to sleep. I have no idea how Lando can even function nevermind be in control of a car at 200kmh after going through this.

I'm currently dozing the afternoon away, my eyes closed as I lay on the bed the sun streaming in through the window. There's a gentle breeze running through the room, the cool air keeping me the perfect temperature. Even with my attempt to sleep at a 'normal' time last night I couldn't help but toss and turn meaning that I'm still tired today. I'm vaguely aware of a buzzing, my phone but I can't bring myself to reach for it. It's on the other side of the bed and picking it up requires an amount of effort I simply don't have right now. A happy sigh leaves my lips when the buzzing stops, my happiness short lived when the buzzing quickly resumes.

I tap around the side of the bed reaching for my phone, when I feel the cool screen in my fingers I peak an eye open and slide my finger across the screen placing the call on speaker.

"Hello?" My voice is a little hoarse, I'm trying my best not to sound annoyed.

"Amber Norris." My name is said at the other sound of the phone, a thick Australian accent hitting me. I blink myself awake a little more, trying to fight the wave of tiredness hitting me. His accent has most definitely gotten more Australian since last time I heard him.

"Danny Ric." I mumble, my voice quiet. There's a laugh at the other side of the phone, it's infectious and it reminds me that I've missed the sound over the last two weeks. I don't think I'd realised that until now.

"You've not called me that before." He says through quiet laughs. It's the version of his name I've heard thrown around most lately.

"I've never been this tired before." I hum with a slight grunt, shifting in my bed. Today has went a little better than yesterday, I should probably head outside to get the sun on my skin and fresh air inside of me but I can't fully bring myself. "You have a long name." I complain, fighting a yawn. Daniel chuckles thinking I'm joking. I'm not.

"How would you feel about opening the door to your room?" Daniel asks and I groan.

"Not great." My words are still a little croaky because of my voice boxes lack of use over the last two days.

"Well that's too bad." Daniel says and a knock echoes through the hotel room. I pull the phone from my ear my eyebrows furrowed before groaning and lifting my head from the pillow. "Surprise." Daniel's voice is soft through the speaker of the phone.

I mumble curses to myself as another set of knocks echo through the room. I fight through the sheets of the bed  at the repeated sound, trying my best to sort out my clothes - which currently only consist of a very oversized tee which reaches my knees - and tame my hair as I take the four steps from the bottom of the bed to the door.

"Howdy!" Daniel grins, a small grin on his face when I open the door. I blink at him slowly sleep still in my eyes, a small smile on my lips as he raises a bunch of flowers to my chest. I take them, thanking him and wave him inside. They're beautiful orange (or should I say papaya before Lando tells me off again) Tulips, freshly wrapped in brown paper. I have no idea how I'll keep them alive in the hotel room but the unexpected and unnecessary gift has me pink in the cheeks. "I didn't think you were here for a moment." Daniel says brushing past me his hip brushing against mine, his arm against my shoulder.