22. Ride

Thank you for 25k!
Enjoy this cuteness! And as usual lemme know what you think pls 🥺

"You good?" Daniel asks me, his voice a little raised because of the noise around us. I didn't realise car engines could be so loud until I was surrounded by them, a thick helmet over my head muffling everything further. Daniel and I are only able to communicate through thumbs up and quick shouts.

"All good!" I reply, my voice at an equal volume to his. I see him grin in the wing mirror. Everything with Daniel seems to be good at the moment.

We only kissed for around 10 minutes in the his apartment hallway before I really had to head back to Lando's apartment. It was perfect and beautiful and...not enough. Despite Daniel's groans and complaints (and my wavering inner restraint) I didn't want anyone to get suspicious. Also I didn't want to be a distraction when qualification the next day was so important to Daniel. As much as I wanted to stay, it just wasn't practical.

However, the day after at Mclaren Daniel again proposed that I ditch the couch at Lando's couch for a (spare) bed at his apartment. This time infront of Lando, Mum, Dad and Luisa. He explained to everyone that the space is there and Lando (alongside everyone else), in his usual fashion, shrugs at the offer and says it's up to me. This time I agree to Daniel's proposal quickly, he grins at me and it makes butterflies swarm in my stomach. I have the feeling that if we were alone he would've kissed me and twirled me around in his arms. I would've loved that. Excluding that I felt as though my back may snap in half if I spent another night without proper support. Maybe, despite all my mocking of Daniel, I'm the old one in this...whatever it is.

After grabbing my suitcase on the way back from the track we spent Saturday night watching Brooklyn nine-nine with Blake and Michael until the two of us passed out.

Originally, I had planned on heading out to a party Charles had text me the details of on Sunday. He'd promised me tequila in exchange for attendance and who was I to say no? I was dressed for it, in a short off the shoulder black dress, makeup on my face and reaching for my shoes when Daniel walked in, pressed a lingering kiss to my neck and asked me to stay.

It was like I was putty in Daniel's hands, in that moment he could've asked anything of me and I would've done it. He was feeling down after his race and I'd be damned if I was going to make him feel any worse by leaving.

Without hesitation, I gave him a quick peck on the lips and changed into sweats. Instead of partying I spent the night laughing, drinking wine (Daniel's own, naturally) and playing cards with Michael, Blake, Dan's friend Scotty and his girlfriend. It turned out to be a lot more fun than my original plans anyway. I laughed way more around the group of them than I otherwise would have.

It was later, when Daniel crept into my room that he suggested we explore the city, alone. He wanted to get away after the 'madness of the weekend' (his words not mine) and (again) who was I to say no? Plus, Monaco is just stunning, I'm always down to explore more of it.

My arms wind back around Daniels torso as the traffic light in front of us turns from red to amber to green and we shoot off on our little scooter. I squeeze my arms around Daniel a little as we pick up speed and press myself into his body to settle the nerves running through my body.

I was only slightly terrified when we arrived outside of the Vespa rental place, but it turns out these things aren't nearly as terrifying as I first thought. Luisa may have been right. Especially when I have a professional driver, who just so happens to also love bikes, driving me about. It's really not bad, some would even say it's fun.

Just to wind Daniel up a little I insisted we rent the red bike, because it was 'ferrari red'. I could almost see his eyebrow and jaw twitch with the statement, but I pouted my lips like a spoiled child and he agreed. For someone with three siblings I enjoy getting my way far too much.