10. Farm

I'm woken up by the light streaming through the windows of my room. I was so tired last night I forgot to tug them closed. I don't entirely care though when I realise where I am excitement shoots through me waking me up.

"G'day!" Daniel cheers at my appearance in the kitchen. I laugh at the words, he's very excited being here and it's turned him into the most Australian person ever. I greet him back through my quiet laugh and settle onto one of the seats at the breakfast bar opposite him. "You want something to eat?" He's frying an egg on the large stove top in front of him, as soon as I appeared he stopped paying attention to it though. I'm worried it's going to burn, Daniel has always declared himself to me as 'not a great cook'. I'm hoping he's confident in his egg skills.

"Just some toast." Daniel sends me a quick thumbs up and sorts it all out. Grabbing 2 pieces of bread and shoving them in the toaster to his left. He goes back to cluttering around, humming to the tune of music which is playing, I don't recognise the song that's coming from the speaker. It's country music and my knowledge of country music begins with Taylor Swift and ends very swiftly at Kacey Musgraves. But still, I don't miss the way daniel bops around to it either, now and again his shoulders or hips wobble a little with his head as he moves around the kitchen, pulling out plates, condiments and cutlery. He's hilarious and adorable and the worst part about it all is that he doesn't even try.

I've noticed over the last day or two that Daniel hates silence. There's always some sort of music playing when I'm in his presence.

I'm watching him with a silent smile by the time the toast pops out of the toaster. "What?" Daniel asks, obviously seeing the amused expression on my face.

"You're enjoying yourself." My voice is teasing and he knows it. I spread some peanut butter on my toast. Either Daniel has been paying close attention to me when we've grabbed breakfast together or it's a pure coincidence that the first thing he passed my way was a jar of peanut butter. He only shrugs at my observation.

"What's not to enjoy?" He asks digging into his own plate of food. "I'm home, I'm with my friend, I'm eating some great food." The list gets longer and I nod with each item. "There's a some great music playing and..." he trails off taking another bite of his food. I'm left in total suspense.

"And?" I pester him. He huns to himself for a moment, I think he's purposefully eating slow because he knows it will irk me. A pause.

"Who knows what's going to happen this week." My cheeks heat with the words, there's a filthy smirk on his face and he knows exactly where my mind has gone. Somewhere it definitely shouldn't have. Just because we're miles away from everyone doesn't mean anything has changed. I force myself to carry on eating, trying to look unaffected by Daniel's words. The smirk is still on his face and in his dark eyes as he chews away on his food, finishing it much faster than me.

He knows what he's said.

"I thought I'd just show you round today?" Daniel suggests in a complete flip to his previous words. I only nod in agreement. "We could even get the quads out later, I'm not sure what you're up for, there's no pressure. There's a couple people coming round for dinner and drinks on Wednesday." I can only manage a 'sounds good' still a little shocked from his earlier words. I wasn't prepared for them or the dirty connotation connected to them at all. "I'll get the barbie going and have some drinks, I've got wine. It'll be awes-" Daniel suggests as I narrow my eyes at him.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I'll get the barbie goin-" Daniel repeats his words as though I wanted him to repeat because I didn't hear them, not because they were so completely comical.

"Are you from a movie?" I'm fighting a laugh at his words. Daniel grins at me knowingly. "That is the most Australian thing I've ever heard you say!" Daniel laughs softly at my shock.