18. The Wedding Guest

There may not be F1 this weekend but I have so many updates for you guys 🥰
This has been quietly creeping up the charts and it's all because of your reads, votes & comments so thank you so much!! ❤️

"Don't wanna search for you in every room, but I always do,"- everyone at this party - Camila Cabello

"Okay so, if you're so adamant there's nothing there, between you, I think you need to just get him out of your system." Lilly hums sipping on her cocktail her eyes bright and mischievous.

"I don't think that's the best approach." I counter, mirroring her to take a drink of my own cocktail in its tall 'v' shaped glass. "I don't really want to be left alone in the same room as him, nevermind left alone for a full night." Lilly snorts at my words.

"Lies!" Lill cheers her eyes widening. "And nobody said a full night!" She hums to herself taking another sip of her drink fighting a laugh. "Y'know maybe just an hour? ...Or two?" She's teasing with her words and I give her a small glare fighting my own laugh.

Two weeks ago I may have considered her suggestion, it would be a lie to say I hadn't thought about it. Especially after the hallway incident in Australia, my resolve was millimetres away from crumbling to bits. It would've probably made some of the looks I passed Daniel's way a lot more innocent if we did just 'get it out our systems'.

Now, not so much. I couldn't care less what he did with his time, or if I never see him again. Not a care, at all.

"This is so not the place to be talking about this." I warn in a hushed tone, my eyes dotting around the room for anyone who shouldn't be hearing anything about this. Of course, that's everyone here except Lilly. This is the kind of story people make thousands of pounds selling to tabloids or social media outlets. I can almost read the headline now; 'Daniel Ricciardo sleeps with teammates sister', the thought of it splashed all over F1 social media pages makes me feel sick. It would not be helpful to any of us.

"You wouldn't talk about it in Monaco." Lilly says with a huff and I only roll my eyes. She has a point, I wouldn't talk about Daniel in Monaco. I was too mad at her for spilling the secret to Charles (and possibly Carlos) to give her anymore details. Plus, exploring the city, tanning on yachts can really get in the way of explaining complicated situations.

Not to mention some days I never even saw Lilly, her and Charles would mysteriously disappear together for hours at a time. A thing that she won't talk about. "Do you want to talk about Charles?" I ask, not because I want to know the details (I do), but because I know it will shut her up. She'd kept their escapades, whatever they may be, completely to herself up to now. Something which is quite an achievement for Lilly. I'm impressed, she can't seem to keep anything else to herself.

My plan is a success, Lilly quickly grabs onto her drink again, downing the rest of the contents and I'm sure that if she wasn't wearing makeup her cheeks would be bright pink.

I know the feeling well.

Before our conversation can continue any deeper into our love lives (or lack of) Mum comes over, my neice in her arms asking if I can take care of her for a few minutes whilst the final touches are added to the reception. It's what we're waiting here for after all. Lilly (my plus one) and I were lucky enough to grab two stools and a cocktail each away from the bar before the crowd of people arrived from the service. The benefits of being family of the groom I suppose. I yawn as Mila is passed to me, balancing her body in my arms.

"Sweet baby Mila," I hum kissing her adorably soft chubby cheek. It leaves a small pink mark from my lip gloss and I wipe it away gently, not wanting her skin to be marked. She groans grumpily in my hold, no doubt tired of being passed around to endless people throughout the day. I think I'd be tired of it too.