20. Monaco

I hope you enjoy 🥰
Im very excited about the next few chapters (and this one) 🤪

"I don't think I could do it." I explain to Luisa who only laughs and shakes her head at me.

"It was five minutes, we didn't even go fast." Luisa laughs at my clear fear. "You would be fine, you need to try." I only shake my head at the suggestion. She'd had an exciting trip to the track with Lando this morning on his little scooter he's been knocking around Monaco on. The thought of it was quite funny but he loved it!

"I still wouldn't trust Lando not to kill me, you're braver than me." I wouldn't, I know Lando would go too fast just to scare me and wind me up. We'd end up not speaking for an hour after. With Lu, I'm not sure she's treated quite the same way. She'd had an adventurous week, already having been driven around in a formula 1 car on another trip - I think I'd pass away experiencing that. So I think I'll stick to watching the cars going fast rather than hopping inside of them.

Whilst Luisa was driven to the track in style, the rest of us walked here, and there's quite a few guests of Lando this week so it took a little while for the small crowd of us to arrive. Myself, Mum, Dad and Max made the short but (slightly) sweaty walk to the track this morning to support Lando. At lunchtime Oliver, Savannah and Mila arrived, headphones tucked over Mila's delicate little ears and sun kissed grins plastered on their faces.

They'd made a last minute detour from their honeymoon in Mykonos to come and see Lando - also known as checking up on him. Everyone has been so concerned about him this week, rightly so, meaning that everyone is here. I could never say our family isn't there when we need them.

The problem with Ol and Sav arriving so last minute is that they couldn't book a hotel room in packed Monaco, so they're packed into Lando's apartment along with Luisa and I aswell as Mum and Dad. There's only two bedrooms (was three, but he turned one into a freaking games room). Thus meaning, that I was quickly thrown out onto the sofa. A choice I'm thrilled about, you can imagine.

Especially since Lando hadn't been sleeping well at all with his illness. It's resulted in him attempting to creep around the apartment (poorly), watching films louder than they maybe should be played or huffing as he loses the video games he's playing. So I haven't been sleeping great either and have ended up spending most of the nights dozing through old movies with him or watching him play through sleepy eyes on his Xbox. He's just not the quietest person.

Luisa and I let our attention fall back on the track below us as FP2 begins, Daniel pulls out of the garage. We watch him fly out the pit lane as people around us cheer and yell in support. Luisa's eyes fall back to the big screen in front of us to find Lando's name, I follow her gaze. He's only about to set his first time, it doesn't make much of a difference for Sunday but it's still a good gauge of how the weekend will go. She's chewing nervously on her bottom lip.

"Are you going out later?" Luisa asks and I hum tilting my hand a little in front of me. As if weighing up my options. With my bed being the sofa at Lando's I don't really fancy waking up hungover with a pounding head. Equally I know he plans to lie on said sofa and watch all the Indy 500 build up and that's an option I'm not feeling too enthusiastic about either.

"I don't think so...maybe?" I know where the party/parties are. Charles and Carlos both sent me texts with the details. "I haven't decided yet." I explain my voice a little uncertain as our eyes flick over to the big screen beside us.

The problem (I have) with formula one is that it's not a massively spectator friendly sport. Even being at the track you need a screen nearby to see what's happening elsewhere. Of course there's always something to be looking at, but the main action is easily missed because they're just freaking fast.