𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-sі᥊ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ

A/N: i started this book on June 3rd, 2022 expecting it to go nowhere. I thought I would give it up within the month like I do with every other book. It is now March 14th, 2023 and I just finished the last chapter. I cannot even fathom how far this has gotten. Thank you to everyone who has stuck around and I hope you can stick it out until the end. Some new books will be in the making as soon as I get over my initial shock of this event. Also I'm currently at 2.9k views so I wanted to thank you all for that as well and by this time next week 3K will be likely which is even crazier. Thank you all so so much. You don't understand how grateful I am for each and every one of you. ❤️ it's March 17th and we just hit 3k so I just wanted to thank everyone for reading especially for making it this far

It was my first time having to see Kai after our breakup.  I was trying my best to avoid him in the hallways, but he sat with my group at lunch.

I tried to convince Kylie and Izzie to go out with me, but they refused, saying I needed to face my fears.  I contemplated sitting with Brielle but knew I couldn't bare her being all lovey-dovey with my brother. I couldn't be alone right now. I don't trust myself.

I hid as long as I could, prolonging a conversation with Izzie, and buying lunch for Kylie.  Still, inevitably we all began our ascent to the table.

Everyone was there except for him.  Kylie and Izzie took their usual seats, leaving me next to Charlie and an empty seat.

Nathan sat up unexpectedly and walked away without explanation. He'd been doing it a couple of times in the past week. We all were still trying to figure out what it was about.

I felt his presence before he sat down. I visibly tensed as I felt his arm drag against mine as he sat down.

"Hey babe," Kai smiled, leaning in for a kiss. I leaned away, but he still managed to press his lips against my skin. I looked into his eyes and wiped it off with my sleeve before turning to my phone. "You're still mad. I get that. It's okay, we both said stuff we didn't mean. We can talk later."

"Save it. We both meant every word we said. Even if we didn't, you still tried to do stuff I wasn't comfortable with and cheated on me. I meant what I said, Kai. I don't want to see you anymore."

"We'll talk later."

My hands gripped my phone so hard that my knuckles turned white. I don't get what he didn't understand. I wanted to be done with the physical pain it all was causing me. I wanted to be done with the hurt. I wanted to get over him. But every first love will always have a piece of your heart, no matter how messy the breakup was.

"Kai," Charlie's voice was stern. Everything he needed to say was said just by calling out his name.

I still couldn't pinpoint why he was trying to protect me. Kai was his best friend, but it feels like Charlie's on my side.

I stood up and left, not wanting to hear any more of Kai's nonsense. I started to walk, but I could feel his presence lingering behind me. I sped up, but so did he.

I finally felt a tight grip on my arm, hard enough to leave a bruise. Suddenly, I was pinned against the wall and Kai's Cheeto breath blew in my face.

"Let go," I said calmly," you're hurting me."

"I'm hurting you?" He almost yelled, and his grip tightened, causing me to wince. "You think you can get away with that stunt you pulled? Embarrassing me like that? You are my girlfriend and if I say we're gonna talk, we will talk."

"You don't own me," he gripped my other arm with the same strength, sending me a deathly glare. "You have no right to call me your girlfriend. I have given you so many second chances. You fooled me time after time and I'm done.  Now let me the hell go."

He didn't.

"Your loss," I told him as I brought my knee between his legs.  He immediately let go and fell to the ground, holding his hands around his crotch.

I rolled my eyes and left him groaning on the ground.

***********

I sat in my bed, looking at my purple wrists.  The swelling has dimmed, but I could tell it was still bound to raise some questions.

My head leaned against the headboard.  I always tried so hard to ever cry.  It made me feel weak and useless, yet still, when that lone tear rolled down my face, others couldn't help but follow.

I couldn't pinpoint why the tears were falling.  So many pent-up emotions over time. I quickly wiped them away, not wanting to feel right now.

I shot up from my bed and down the stairs. As soon as I did, I heard the door.

I ran down the stairs but froze at the sight of my mother.

"Hey Hun," she chirped.

"Hi?" I questioned hesitantly.

"You know," she started, walking over to the kitchen.  I followed behind her and sat on the counter, "I heard this rumor," she laughed, "that you and Kai broke up.  That's just crazy, isn't it?  Because I know that my daughter would never let that happen."  She slammed the milk down on the counter, and I flinched, "My daughter wouldn't be so stupid and reckless, would she?"

"Mom-"

"My daughter wouldn't be so emotional over that. My daughter wouldn't humiliate me, would she Faye?"

"Mom, he cheated on me," I tried to tell her.

"Don't you get upset over nothing and start making excuses. Do I look stupid to you?"

"No, I-"

"Then you better be back with him within the next week. I don't think you'd want to know the other outcome," she threatened.

"Okay."

QOTD: When was the last time you cried?  Why?

Word Count: 1045