ᥱᥣᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆

Don't you hate it when you feel scorching hot coffee down your body In the middle of the day?

Yeah, I'm having a great day.

This group of "popular girls" were prancing around the halls with their pumpkin spice lattes as basic girls do and completely ignored my presence, as I did them. In my defense though... I don't actually have anything in my defense. I just don't like those girls.

Anyways, the blonde what's-her-face walked completely into me and her completely full, hot coffee spilled all over me. I don't know why she had the coffee and didn't drink any of it but that was not the main issue.

The main issue was how many second-degree burns will be on my stomach.

I look up to see VaNeSsA and her stupid posse staring at me like I was an alien from mars.

Then, something seemed to click in their pea-sized brains as they registered who I was.

"Oh my god, Matteo, I am so sorry," Vanessa pathetically said. If you're gonna apologize, at least do it right. She stole a napkin from her friend that I don't care to know the name of, and began her way over to where I was standing. "Let me help," she told me, attempting to "dry up the coffee", which was clearly just an excuse to feel me up. Girls can be really gross sometimes.

"It's fine Vanessa," I grumbled, basically prying her hands off of my abs and walking away.

Today was going great.

**********

"Pleasee?" Ethan pleaded.

"No Ethan."

"Pretty please?"

"No."

"Ugly please?"

"Ethan I'm not gonna go to the park with you just so you can check out all the hot moms," I told him, loud enough to make many tables turn in our direction.

"You know that is not what I asked," he whisper-yelled.

"I know."

"Why can't we thoughhhh," he complained, reminding me of a 5-year-old.

"Ethan in what world would I want to go hiking? Especially in the middle of October."

"What do you have to lose?"

"My tick-free body for starters."

"You're coming whether you like it or not," he finalized, causing a groan from me.

My clothes were still covered in coffee because I had nothing to change into, so I'd been sticky and surrounded by bugs all day. Who knew those bugs would include swarms of girls asking for my number? They need to calm down for a guy that's not that hot in the first place. But, option two is Ethan, and Ethan is... well... he's Ethan.

Anyways, speaking of Ethan, he's been trying to convince me to go through a death trap for his entertainment.  I don't even have a say in this.

"I'm gonna call the cops and say you're kidnapping me," I told him, matter-of-factly.

"What are you gonna tell them?  'I'm being kidnapped because my best friend is taking me on a hike'?" He asked, holding up air quotes.

"Yup."

*************

The woods are not as fun as people put t out to be.  I'm a jock, I should love the outdoors ad crap, but here I am, complaining about hiking trails.

Ethan was far ahead of me, showing off all his teeth. 

"Ethan knock that smirk off  your face before I knock your teeth out."

"Stop complaining, this is fun."

I caught up to Ethan and tried to walk in sync with him.  Suddenly, somthing made me stop in my tracks.

"Ethan," I tried to say as calmly as I possibly could.  "Ethan," I said again, slightly louder.

"Enjoy the nature this is fun."  He was still walking and unaware of what was in front of me.

I heard a blood-curdeling scream, wondering who it was.  Oh, me.

I was far behind Ethan now, running the other way.

"Matteo!?" Ethan called out.  "What the hell?"

I ignored hm and ran and ran, avoiding all the trees and bushes.  I heard fast footsteps following fast behind me, assuming it's Ethan.

"Bro, what just happened?" Ethan asked out of breath.

Somehow we made it back to the parking lot. We weren't too far out, but I didn't think I would run all the way back here.

"Spider," I gasped, trying to get all the air back in my body.

"Matteo," Ethan says, passive-aggressively. "Did you seriously make me run all the way back here just because you saw a spider?"

"Obviously, what else would I do?"

"Not run?"

"Whatever, now we're at the cars so we have to leave," I smirked.

"Whatever, you'll love it someday.

"Mhm, I bet."

We sat in the car in silence as Ethan drove us home. I watched out the window seeing cars drive by, and little boys chasing each other around. There were small girls, walking with their moms, and families walking their dogs. They all looked so happy. So happy.

Before I knew it, we were pulling into Ethan's driveway. Neither of our parents were home, so, per-usual, we walked over to my house.

We sat on the couch, conversing, before I ordered Chinese food for us to devour.

I'm so sorry😭😭😭 Ik this chapter was bad but it took me like two weeks to write bc I'm on a major writers block and couldn't think of anything. I know it's bland and kinda random, but I needed a filler.

QOTD: How do you make yourself feel better?

Word count: 910