𝖿і𝖿𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆

Faye was out with Izzie today.  I'm sure she knew about the party, so we really didn't try to hide it.  We just needed her out of the house to decorate.

So far we are waiting on a couple of people, food, and something special I've been formulating for a while.

"Matteoooo," Ethan whined, "I'm hungry."

"Good for you?  You know where the food is, get it yourself."

"You're so mean," he sighed, walking away, his brunette curls bouncing on his head.

"Kylie," I motioned for her, to which she immediately obliged, leaving Kai and standing in front of me.  "Who are we waiting on?"

"Charlie, Briannah, and Nathan," she told me.

Faye didn't have a lot of close friends, though I'm sure anybody who asked would've shown up. I wanted to keep it small to be less stressful for everyone.  I don't need a rave and neither does Faye.  I hope.

I just want everything to be perfect.  I want to do this for her.  I want to be the one to be the reason for her joy today.  It takes a lot to make her really smile, and I wanted to see that.  Knowing what I've had up my sleeve, I'm sure I could make her happy.

A sudden knock came from the front door.  An unhappy man stood at the door holding the 6 pizzas I ordered.  I figured it'd be enough to feed 9 people and possibly have some leftovers for the next day.

I handed him the money, and he coldly took it, looking at me with a scowl.  I didn't know what crawled into his car and died but he needed to calm down.

I thanked him, walking away, while he scoffed and walked back to his car.

"Oooh Pizza!" Ethan yelled, "Give I'm starvinggg"

"Everyone can have one piece, but after that, we're waiting for Faye."

Another knock came from the door, catching me off guard.  I wasn't expecting anyone, and Faye would just walk in.

I walked over to the door to open it, revealing Charlie, holden a pink gift bag.

Oh.

I'm dumb.

I stood aside, letting him aside.  He set his bag on the small table with the other gifts.  I honestly don't know what people could've got her, but I'll find out later.

I walked into the kitchen to see Ethan shoving two pieces of pizza into his mouth, one on top of the other.  He glanced over at me and froze.  I rolled my eyes, grabbing the other boxes of pizza and setting them aside.

"mhm mhmm," he inaudibly mumbled.

"What?" He swallowed the large bite he took and looked me in the eyes, his blue ones piercing through me.

"I said that you're mean," he told me in a serious tone before bursting out laughing.  I started laughing too shortly after. I didn't know why I was laughing, but his laughter was contagious.

Another knock came from the door, bringing me to it.  Behind it stood Briannah and Nathan. Again, I stood aside, waiting for them to come in.

"Hi, Matteo," Briannah said to me.  Nathan scoffed and walked away.  Weird.

A buzz in my pocket pulled me out of my thoughts.

Izzie:

ETA 15 minutes, be ready.

I sent her back a quick 'ok' and put the phone back in my pocket.  I turned to the group on the couch.  They'd already emptied the bowl of snacks. 

"They'll be here in about 15 minutes, so clean up and be ready," I told them, taking the bowl.  A mixture of nods and mumbles came from them as I walked back to the kitchen.