𝖿і᥎ᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆

Another day, another tiring football practice. I don't understand how Faye and mom work out all day every day whereas I get so tired over a couple of hours of tossing a ball around.

I was rummaging through my locker trying to figure out where I left my science notebook. I was all showered and dressed and that was all I needed before I could go home and sleep.

"Yo, Matteo! Are you coming to Alan's tonight? We're all meeting up to hang out," Aiden asked, throwing his arm around my shoulder. Aiden was one of the few guys I could actually tolerate on the team.

"Ummm, sure, why not," I shrugged, only half listening to what he was saying.

I dug through my bag until I pulled out a flat rectangular book.

"FOUND IT!" I yelled, to anyone who would listen. Heads were turned but I just walked over to Ethan, who was sitting on his phone waiting for me.

"Are we going to Alan's?" He asked, without glancing from his phone.

"Yeah, but let's grab a bite first."

He nodded and we both made our way to the car. I pulled out of the parking lot and made my way to the diner.

"Hey Alex," I smiled, sitting in the booth.

"Hey guys," she said, walking to the kitchen.

About a minute later she came out with our drinks, handing them to us.

I took a sip of my iced tea and groaned at the delicious flavor invading my mouth.

"I don't know what y'all do, but I swear there's crack in your tea."

"Nah, just a little extra I slip in there for you," she says, winking at me. She can be a bit extra sometimes, but I love it.

We talked to Alex for a couple more minutes before our orders were brought out by Marget. We both mumble a "thank you," before eating the burgers.

About 10 minutes after, we were both done and leaving the money on the table. We left and got in the car before making our way to Alan's.

The football guys weren't my favorite people to hang out with, but they were tolerable. It was better than being home with my perfect sister and my obsessive mother.

I pulled into the driveway, already seeing a couple of cars in there. Even from the outside, I could hear the laughs and conversation going on behind the doors. This was gonna be a rough night.

Ethan and I walked in to see most of the guys huddled around the couch. Alan was playing Aiden in a game of who knows what.

"Yo, you guys made it!" Zander yells, followed by a series of grunts from the others. I nod silently and take a seat on the floor at the end of the couch.

I watched as people played and yelled. I didn't partake in much, mostly because I didn't really feel like talking to people at the moment. I stood up and walked over to Ethan, who was talking to Colby in the kitchen.

"Hey Ethan, I'm gonna head out. You think you can get a ride," I asked, uncaring about their conversation.

"Yeah, I'll figure it out. See ya later."

"Bye."

I walked out without informing any of the guys. They can really get on my nerves sometimes.

I walked into the quiet house. It was usually quiet but now it was dark. My mom's car wasn't in the driveway but Faye's was.

I walked upstairs past Faye's room, seeing her passed out on her bed. I smiled. I never see that girl take a break. She's always overworking herself. She deserved a break.

I made my way to my own bedroom and passed out the second I hit the mattress.

********

I looked over to my loud beeping alarm and slapped it, shutting off the noise.

It was Saturday and a day for myself. I didn't want to deal with people today.

I made my way downstairs and didn't see anyone. I walked over to the kitchen to see it was a quarter to eight.

I rummaged through the fridge pulling out random things. I grabbed eggs and avocados, throwing them on the counter. I opened the cabinets and pulled out the bread and a plate.

I began whisking the eggs together, adding cheese and seasoning before putting them on a pan and turning the stove on. I shoved two pieces of toast in the toaster and grabbed another bowl to add the avocado into. I mashed it and added a little lemon juice and seasoning. I circled back to the eggs, mixing them on the pan.

I heard something pop, making me jump. I grabbed the golden brown bread and tossed it on the plate before adding the avocado mixture on top of it. My eggs were done so I added them to the plate next to the toast and walked over to the couch. I turned on a movie and began devouring my meal.

About an hour later, I saw Faye walking downstairs. She didn't spare me a glance so I assumed she didn't know I was there. She was in a black workout set. All I see her do anymore is work out and go to school, I was getting concerned. I didn't think much of the situation though and let her walk down to the basement.

*********

About three hours passed and she still wasn't upstairs. I shake my head, knowing she'll be up soon. I grabbed my phone, opening up post mates so I could get some McDonald's. I pressed on the Big Mac, a large fry, and a McFlurry. I got an extra fry in case a certain someone wanted to join me, though I knew that was wishful thinking.

Ten minutes later a loud knock interrupted me from my show. I opened the door to see a brunette with piercing green eyes holding a McDonald's bag. His hair looked so fluffy, like a cloud. I took the bag and paid him before shutting the door.

As I sat back on the couch, I saw the basement door open, revealing a sweaty, puffy-eyed Faye. She glanced at me before making her way upstairs.

"Do you want some McDonald's?" I asked before she left.

"No thank you," she said before running up the stairs. I knew she would say no so I'm not sure why I got my hopes up. I sighed and turned my attention back to the TV and devoured my burger.

QOTD: What's your favorite scent?

Word Count: 1096