𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-sі᥊ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ

Kai and I were... good?  I don't know how to describe it, but we are going out tonight.

He told me it was a surprise. I hated surprises, but I just wanted to have a great day with him.

Our two-year anniversary was coming up. October 30th. Less than a week. I still had to get him something. Something he wouldn't forget.

Before our date tonight, I was going shopping with Brielle.

I haven't had the chance to hang out with Brielle since she'd gotten here. Whenever I thought of her, it still felt surreal that she was here. I had been thinking about her for years, wondering what I'd say when I saw her again, but now that she's here, my mind is blank.

I sat on the couch with my bag, waiting for her arrival. As if on cue, I heard a knock on the door

"Hi," she smiled as I opened the door.

"Hey," I said back, walking out and shutting the door behind me.

We walked out to her car and made our way to the mall. No words were said. How do you start a conversation?

She pulled into the oversized mall and we both began making our way inside.

First, she pulled me in a clothing store that I didn't catch the name of.

Brielle began to sort through everything.  Crop tops, dresses, everything.  I saw a couple of things, but nothing that piqued my interest.

"Are you not getting anything?" She asked, hands full. I shook my head. "Are you sure?  This would look great on you." She said politely, holding up a green, cropped hoodie.

The crop top my mom had so brutally destroyed for me once before.

I walked out of the bathroom, smiling so widely.  I loved the way this looked.  It fit me so perfectly.  I didn't know I could look this beautiful as a child.  14 is basically a child, right?

My mother wore a deep frown on her face.  I wasn't sure why.  I was wearing a cropped green hoodie and ripped jeans.  I looked cute.  So I thought.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked timidly, my smile completely vanished at that point.  Did I do something wrong?  She looked upset.  Maybe I caused it.  Yeah, I caused it.  Oh, I caused it.

"You can not pull that off.  Everything is way too baggy.  It looks like you have something to hide.  Do you?  Are you hiding something under there?"

"No ma'am."

"Go get changed.  You are not keeping that.  That is final."

"Are you sure?  You know I thought-"

"Go."

"Faye?" Brielle asked worryingly.

"Yeah, right, sorry." I sighed, shaking my head at the sudden memory.  "I'm okay, but thank you though"

Awkward.

I made it all awkward.

"Oh.  O-Okay."  Brielle stuttered.  "I'll just go pay really quick and we can go."  I nodded and walked with her to the checkouts.

I was making this awkward.  She hated me.  I wanted to scream.  I wanted to scream until it was all okay.

***********

I sat across from Brielle, a salad in front of me that I had no intention of eating. She, however, was eating a large slice of cheese pizza. It looked so greasy and unhealthy. I don't understand how people eat and feel okay after.