𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-𝗍һrᥱᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆

The blue of the sky slowly fades to a bright orange and the moon began to show.

I sat on the play set of an old playground with my best friend beside me.  I laid my head on his shoulder and watched the sun fall further and further down.

We sat peacefully.  The chirping of grasshoppers was the only thing filling the silence.

"Thank you," he said, soft and sincere.

"For what?" I whispered back.

"Just being there. Thank you."

"Then thank you too."

He closed his eyes and softly smiled. I grabbed his hand and held it in mine.

"We should probably go," I suggested, not really wanting to move.

"Yeah, we should."

We didn't move. And didn't for another hour. After the sun had completely set and the stars had come out.

We walked back together, enjoying the light breeze that flowed through our hair.

We had reached my house, and I was immediately dreading our part. 

Before he began walking to his house, I was taken into his warm embrace,  before I could process and hug back, he was already walking away, leaving a dumbfounded smile on my face.

I walked to the house, grinning like a complete idiot, but having it immediately drop at the sound of yells.

"You are an idiot!" My mother yelled.  I sighed.  I love my mother, of course, but she can be intense, to say the least.

"I'm sorry mom," Faye's voice lightly sounded.  It must be something big.  I shut the door behind me and walked up to my bedroom, still hearing their yells.

"Why can't you just be a normal child?  Why just you disobey every simple task I ask of you?"  I wouldn't be surprised if the neighbors could hear them.

Faye's voice was muffled against the door, since she was speaking softer, hoping to not aggravate my mother any further.

"You are such a disappointment.  I can't look at you right now.  Get out of my sight."  The D card.  She can't pull a D card unless it's something huge.

I listened to the creaks of the stairs as Faye walked up.  The door slammed, causing me to wince.  I felt a buzz from my lower back, causing me to pull my phone out.

Ethan:
Are you okay?

Matteo:
Yeah, why?

Ethan:
Your window's open

I cursed to myself before running up to my windowsill.  Surly enough, it was wide open.  I glanced at the house next to ours and saw Ethan through a window, smirking at me.

Ethan:
Idiot

Matteo:
That's mean

Ethan:
Sorry, princess <3

Matteo:
Don't call me that

Ethan:
Okay princess

I sighed and shook my head, trying not to smile as I shut my window and closed the curtains. 

I sat back on my bed and stared up at the ceiling.  Soon enough, my eyes started to feel heavy and I began to drift off.

***********