𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-᥆ᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆

"Kai, please." I heard from Faye in the next room. I immediately went into alert, standing up from the bed.

"Matteo," Ethan said softly, "she's fine."

"You don't know that."

"You're right, I don't. But what I do know is that you need to sit down and wait for them to resolve it by themselves," Ethan addresses, causing a loud sigh from me. Sometimes I hated that we were always together because he was always right. "Come sit," he told me, patting the seat beside him.

I immediately obliged, sitting shoulder to shoulder-with him.

He opened my laptop, went to Netflix, and turned on a movie. After it was playing, he brought his hand around my shoulder to get comfortable.

I tried my best to focus on the movie, but I couldn't stop thinking about the fear in Faye's voice.

Ethan's arm squeezed around me, bringing me impossibly closer. "Calm down," he whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my spine, "Your heart is racing."

"Sorry."

He leaned his head on mine in comfort, making me feel a little safer.

"Do you wanna watch a movie with them to make you feel more at ease?" He asked quietly.

"Yes please," my voice cracked. Ethan squeezed me once more before getting up from the bed and shutting my laptop.

"I'll be downstairs, you want to get them?"

I nodded and we both parted. I only knocked once before opening the door. I immediately regretted it, seeing Faye on the bed in a purple dress and Kai's jacket with Kai straddling her, looking down at her face. I just walked in on something...

"Oh- sorry, I'll... um- I'll leave you guys to your- yeah" I stuttered.

"No," Faye almost yelled before I left, "Stay. We weren't doing anything.

"Oh, we'll Ethan and I just wanted to know if you guys wanted to watch a movie with us?"

"That'd be great," Faye answered

"Okay great," I said, waiting for them to come with me.

Kai sighed loudly, got off of my sister, and left the room. As soon as the door was closed, I heard a choked sob. I glanced over at the bed and saw Faye with tears streaming down her face. I took her into my arms as soon as I saw her and let her sob into my shoulder for as long as she needed.

I don't know what hurt her.  I didn't know if I wanted to.  If I knew, I would want to kill them or shield her from all of the hurt.  But I can't do that.  That's why I shouldn't know.

Of course, if she were to want me to know, I would listen intently.  But until then, my shoulder will forever be a place for her to safely cry on while I rubbed her back and told her it would all be okay.

"Sorry," she sniffled, wiping her snot on Kai's sleeve.

"Don't be," I interjected. "I'm not gonna ask what happened if you don't want to talk about it, but are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am," she answered before walking to the door and opening it up for me. I walked towards the living room with her on my tail to see Kai and Ethan, taking on the couch. Seeing them left me feeling jealous for no reason. Why was I jealous? I shook it off and sat next to Ethan. The open spot was small, so part of my leg was lying on his, but neither of us minded. He just rested his hand on it and continued talking.