𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ

Play the song if you want, or don't, I don't care. It just adds to the effect

October 30th. Kai and I's two-year anniversary.

It was Saturday and I planned to go to Kai's house to surprise him later.

He hadn't brought up our anniversary at all this month and I'm hoping he had something in store for me too. He didn't forget. We were too good for him to forget.

At around quarter to six, I began packing my things up. One by one.  I slipped on the ring Kai had gotten me and made my way out to the car.

I drove to the field and tumbled out of the car in excitement.

I made my way to the middle of the abandoned meadow, next to a patch of almost dead daisies, only hanging on from the scarce rainfall.

I set down the red blanket Kai had bought for me on one of our dates.  I set down some lights in case the sun sets faster than I intend.

I grabbed the basket I set on the grass and took out its contents.

I took out the ham and cheese croissant sandwiches I made, the strawberries, the mini cupcakes, and the cider I'd brought. All his favorites.

I didn't bother bringing anything I liked, knowing It wouldn't be touched.

I set down the red dahlias, also his favorite.

Once i was satisfied with the setup, I set down the last thing. A necklace, a gold "F" chained to the front. I had a similar one that I had been wearing all day. The only difference was that mine had a "K" on it.

I began making my way back to my car.  I suddenly got nervous, but giddy at the same time.

I embark on my journey to my boyfriend's house.  My leg shook rapidly under me.

I pulled into the driveway and saw a car if never seen before.  I know nothing about cars, so I wouldn't be able to tell you the model.  All I could say was it was red and had tinted windows.

I decided to ignore it and made my way inside.  I decided to knock and almost immediately his mom opened up the door.

"Faye!" She exclaims cheerfully, pulling me in for a hug.  I'd always loved Kai's mom like my own.  She always made you feel incredibly welcome, even if she knew nothing about you. 

She pulled me inside and led me to the staircase.

"Kai is up in his room with a friend of his.  You can just go."  I nodded and made my way upstairs.  "And Faye," I turned around "Happy Anniversary."

I smiled and thanked her.  I rushed up the stairs and counted the doors to Kai's room.  I heard a noise, but couldn't decipher what it was.

I opened the door, forgetting to knock, and regretted it the minute I let that little action slip.

Everything stopped.

Sprawled across the bed was a girl.  Her shirt was halfway unbuttoned, Kai's hand sliding up even after my arrival. 

I didn't recognize the brunette until it clicked.  Almost every single photoshoot Kai had accompanied me at, she was there.  She was always there.

They were kissing, unhearing the opening click of the door.

I tortured myself, leaning against the doorframe, waiting for them to notice me.

But I'm always the one forgotten.

I tried to decipher what wasn't good enough about me.  What he couldn't see in me.  Or maybe, what was so amazing about this mystery girl?

She was absolutely beautiful.  No doubt prettier than me.