𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-ᥒіᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆

I don't know why I was so nervous.  It was just a date.  Just a date.

I was planning to pick her up at 6.  I just hoped it would go well.  That's all I want.

It was currently an hour before I had to leave, which meant I should probably get ready.

It was a simple date, just dinner.  I know it was basic, but I didn't know what to do.  I don't know how to impress a girl like Brielle.

I was pretty sure she would hate it and this would be the end, but I would just have to deal with that.  If she didn't want o sit down with me and have a civilized conversation over food, then she can leave.  I'm not forcing her.

But she might absolutely hate it and all this stress would be for a reason and I would be embarrassed and never able to show my face again.

It's going to be great.

Hopefully.

***********

It was time.  I wasn't nervous like before.  Of course not.  Me.  Nervous?  Never.

I stepped up to her door and rang the bell.  I didn't know why she didn't just stay at y house after Faye had left, but it made me seem a lot more polite to go up to the door to greet her.

She flung the door open so fast as if she was waiting for my arrival.

"Let's go," she said, sounding rushed.

"Are you okay?" I concerned.

"Yeah.  Just excited."

I smiled down at her and led her to my car.  I opened the passenger door and saw her face slightly light up when she slipped into the car.

I made my way to my side and began driving.

**************

I got more and more jittery every minute we got closer to the location. I wanted it to be perfect.

I wasn't sure why I was so set on everything being perfect.  Maye it was because I liked her.  Maybe it was because I felt lonely.  Maybe it was because I just wanted a girlfriend.

Either way, it made me wrecked.

I pulled into the parking lot and glanced over to Brielle.  Her face was tinted a light pink and she was twiddling with her thumbs.

She hadn't noticed our arrival until I was opening the door for her.  Her face grew red again as she parted with the car.

We walked into the restaurant, but my asking was still evident.

The restaurant wasn't too fancy.  It was normal.  I hope.  Maybe she likes fancy.  Maybe this isn't good enough for her.

I shook the thoughts out of my mind and told the host the name of our reservation.  He then brought us to our table and set the menus down.

********

We talked and ate until it was time to leave.  From my personal experience, it went amazing. 

I took her home and we talked in the car. once we both got over the initial awkwardness at the start of the date, we didn't stop talking.  She was just a good person to talk to.

I pulled into her driveway after the seemingly short drive compared to how long it took to get to the restaurant. 

I walked her up to her door and waited for her to go inside.  She didn't.

"Thanks for today," she told me shyly, "It was a lot of fun."

"It was," I answered.

She looked up fondly at me.  I knew it would happen but it still took me by surprise when I felt her kiss me.  After my initial shock, I kissed her back.  My stomach got those butterflies everyone seems to talk about.  It was something I'd felt before but I couldn't pinpoint from where.  Probably another girl that I can't pinpoint.

She pulled away after what felt like hours.  It was such a simple gesture, but it made me feel so dazed.

She smiled and blushed before walking inside.  She blushed a lot since we'd started handing it out.  More than most girls.  I don't blush, so I didn't know how I kept making her blush.

I drove home in silence.  I kept glancing over trying to take to the empty seat.

It was lonely.

I realized that all I wanted to do was talk to my best friend about my date.

But that would probably be awkward after he kissed me.  And I have no idea how to start a conversation without being awkward.

I pulled into the driveway and almost as if on cue, Ethan emerged from his house.  He kept his head down, not seeing me in my car.

I opened the door and saw his head whip up.  His lips looked as if he said something to himself, but I couldn't pinpoint what it was in the dark.

He began walking over and I started to walk to the other side of the car.

Once he reached me, I saw the heavy bags under his eyes.

All of the sudden, he took me into his arms so tightly, as if he'd feared I'd run away.  Then came his heavy sobs.

"I'm sorry.  I'm so sorry." He cried, "Please don't leave.  I didn't mean to.  I'm so sorry.  Please stay."

He held me so tightly to where I couldn't get any words out.  My empty response made him sob harder an hold me tighter.

"Ethan," I choked out, completely out of breath.

"Yeah?"

"I can't breathe."

He became aware of his tight grip and slowly loosened it.  I took a large breath in an attempt to regain my breathing.

"It's fine, Ethan.  I just- I- I don't know.  Just please don't-"

I was completely caught off guard when he brought me into his arms again.

"I won't.  Thank you.  I'm so sorry."

I held onto him until he was ready to let go.  It felt so weird to be inhaling his scent again.  Nostalgic.

Ethan gently pulled away and wiped his eyes.  He thanked me and apologized once more before going back to his house as if forgetting why he came outside in the first place.

I kept my subtle grin all the way inside and finally fell asleep happily knowing I had my best friend back.

QOTD: Do you believe you are worthy of being loved?

Word Count: 1050