𝖿᥆ᥙr𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ

The shrill sound of a phone made me snap out of my daze. My heart dropped.

I immediately had this gut feeling that something was wrong.

I picked up the phone, answering without looking at the caller ID.

"Hey, Faye!" Izzie's loud voice boomed. I let out a loud breath of relief and let my shoulder relax into the bed. 

"Hi, Izzie.  What's up?"

"So for your birthday, I was thinking-"

Another loud ring interrupted Izzie.

"Iz, I gotta go, Kai's calling me."

"Fine, I'll leave you for your boyfriend." She mocked

"Yeah, okay, bye."

"Hey Kai," I said, answering the call.

"Faye, can you come to the hospital?" I immediately shot up, on high alert. I shuffled the blankets off my legs and began grabbing my stuff.

"Yeah, of course. What did you do?"

"I'll explain when you get here, but long story short, I sprained my ankle."

"Alright, I'll be there soon."

My heart was still pounding out of my chest. I sat down on the bed, attempting to level my breathing.

I stood up and started calmly towards my bedroom door. My mom and Matteo weren't home. Matteo was at a football game and mom was doing whatever she does at 6 in the afternoon.

The house seemed cleanish, so I made my way out the house and to my car, pushing the key in.

I made my way to the closest hospital and began to park.

A yawn unexpectedly came from my mouth. I didn't feel tired, but I didn't feel a lot of things.

"Kai Evans," I said to the lady behind the desk. She pointed me toward a bed in the corner of the room. There were about three people surrounding the bed. I could only identify Charlie, the others were both blondes and unfamiliar.

"Hello, Faye," Charlie greets.

"What the hell happened Kai? I know this wasn't a simple trip, it was you doing something stupid, per usual," my outburst startled everyone, including me. I cleared my throat and waited for him to answer. He stared, dumbfounded, before shaking his head, registering what I said.

"Umm, well, uh," he stuttered. "I jumped off a bridge."

I took a deep breath, attempting to keep myself from going off. I failed.

"What was going on in your mind that made you think jumping off a bridge was a smart idea? What did you think was going to happen?" I yelled. Who knew he was just another dumb jock? Oh, wait... I did.

"Charlie told me to," he mumbled. I took another breath, stepped back, and slapped the back of Charlie's head. Hard.

"Ow!" he cried out, though I'm sure he barely felt it.

"Charlie I'm gonna give you three seconds to explain yourself before it will be a lot more than a slap."

"We saw the bridge and I told him I would jump off he did. I didn't think he actually would!"

"Well, did you?"

"No," he whispered.

I told myself if I kept taking deep breaths, I wouldn't scream. I told myself, if I left, and got some sleep, I could come back the next day and talk to them, without screaming.

"I can with you guys," I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. "I'm going to leave and sleep. You guys can sit in stupidity."

I kissed Kai's forehead, waving them all goodbye.

The drive home was filled with the faint sound of the radio and the tapping of my fingernail on the wheel.

Once I made it home, I collapsed on my bed. A sudden feeling of overwhelming took over me. I don't know where it came from but my mind was invaded with thoughts.

I had always fit into people's standards. Perfect. People don't tell you how much it sucks to be perfect. They expect happiness. They expect a put-together life, but my life was anything but happy and put-together. Some days were great, but more often than not I would find myself screaming into my pillow in the early hours of the morning.

Fear. A constant feeling inside me. I fear my mother. Disappointment. The second my mother disapproved of something I do, my hands begin to shake. I need to please her. All I want to do is please her, but I don't know how. She confuses me. Nothing is good enough for her. Or maybe I'm not good enough for her.

A slam of the front door took me out of my thoughts. My eyes were on the verge of watering, but I held them back.

I walked through the hallway and made my way down the stairs. I missed a step and I felt my ankle bend. Before I knew it, I was falling. I felt every step hit some part of my body.

I hit the floor and immediately became aware of the gash on my forehead.

"Oh," Matteo gasped, clearly surprised. "You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine," I mumbled, standing up abruptly, making the room spin. I steadied myself and slowly made my way to the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror and immediately saw red near my temple. The blood had stained my blonde hair, making me aware of how deep the cut was. It wasn't deep enough for stitches, but it might leave a small scar.

"Are you sure you're okay because it looked like it hurt?" Matteo asked, barging into the bathroom without knocking. Normally I would've yelled, but I was too exhausted to care.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine. What about you? How was your day?" There was still tension in our conversations for reasons I couldn't pinpoint. We just didn't fit, and it was clear that we were both trying so hard.

"It was fine. I passed out in football, went to the diner with Ethan, then came back here to see you fall down the stairs. Also, let me clean that," he spoke fast, trying to get me to not register what he said. He sat me down on the closed toilet seat and rummaged through the cabinets for the first-aid kit.

"Okay, backtrack, you passed out in football!? Why? Are you okay?" He took out the kit and opened it, grabbing something out of it and putting it on the cloth.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Went down on a tackle. Just dehydrated I think." He put the cloth on the cut, causing me to wince at the sting on my skin.

He finished cleaning out the cut and grabbed a bandage from the kit, unwrapping it, and putting it on my cut.

"I'm exhausted, so I'm gonna go to sleep. Goodnight." I told him, standing up.

"Goodnight."

I walked up the stairs, careful not to fall again.

My room had been my safe place for a while. A place for me to go to hide from my family. Now, nowhere felt safe. Everywhere I turned, something would be wrong. It would most likely be me. I can't find a quiet space to think. my mind is invaded with thoughts with no place to put them. I try to speak but nobody listens. They see my beauty, they don't see me. I don't have anybody. Nowhere to go.

On the outside, people see somebody with an amazing life. However, whose life is ever that perfect? Do "normal" people feel like this? Do "normal" people want to scream at everyone until they stop feeling like they do?

What do "normal" people feel like?

QOTD: Whats your favorite song?

Word Count: 1270