𝗍һrᥱᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆

The next day was Thursday.  The first game of the season, and I was dreading every second.

People get hyped up for no reason.  It's one game, win or lose we still have so many games to win.

I walked into the school with immediate, unnecessary praise.  People I didn't even know came and patted me on the back when I hadn't even done anything.  I couldn't say anything though because I need to be playing tonight's game and the ones to come so I can hopefully get into a decent college, so I just smile and nod.

I headed to my first class smiling like I didn't want to push away everyone who came up to me.  I had history first class and I wasn't sure if I was dreading it or excited.  Mr. Wallis was a pretty laid-back teacher but everything was boring.  I usually sat towards the back and talked to Ethan.

Mr. Wallis was sitting on his chair sipping his coffee.  I walked towards the back and sat down in the corner chair.  Ethan walked in minutes after and sat in the seat next to me.

"Excited for the game?" He asked.

"Yeah, I guess," I said blandly.

We talked the rest of class, not really caring about what was being taught. 

***

I made it through the rest of my classes without much hassle.  I ran out to the locker rooms and started to change into my uniform with some of the other guys.  I was usually there early, like today,  because I felt uncomfortable with everyone.  I know they aren't, but it feels like everyone's staring at me.

I noticed the guys starting to pile in after what seemed like forever.  I was just sitting on the bench finishing up my last bit of homework before Ethan sat down next to me.

"Nerd," he smiled, throwing his arm around the bench.

"Shut up.  I wanna get it done before I have to go home."

He shook his head as I finished my last question.  I shoved all of my stuff in my bag and glanced up to see coach walking out of his office.

"Alright boys, let's go," he yelled, clapping his hands dramatically.

I laughed and moved out with everyone onto the field.  Cheers invaded my ears, making me temporarily deaf.

I walked over to where the team was set up and sat down.  I looked over to see our opponents.  They looked mean and ready to play, whereas I just wanted to play. 

This was gonna be a long day.

——————

The game was finally over and we lost by a long shot.  I didn't mind, but everyone else seemed pissed.  I changed back into my regular clothes and stuffed anything needed in my bag.

"Ethan, do you need a ride?" I asked, ready to leave.

"Not unless you're going to Josh's after you shower."

"Nope."

"Then I'm good."

I nodded and walked out of the locker room.  I got into my car, completely exhausted.  I put the car and drive and pulled out before the parking lot could crowd up.

I drove into the driveway to see a third car.  I knew who it was immediately after I saw it.  Kai Evans. 

Kai was Faye's boyfriend.  They'd been dating for about a year and a half and they were the perfect couple.  Faye seemed to really love him and that made me love him.  Plus he's great to demolish at video games.

I walked into the house and saw Faye and Kai cuddled up on the couch.  Cute.  Time to ruin it.

I quietly walked up behind them, trying my best to be quiet, yet knowing any noise would be drowned out by the TV.

I crouched down and got close to their faces before screaming like a maniac.

"Matteo!" Faye screamed, jumping off the couch.  "You just gave me a literal heart attack!"

"Oh hey Matteo," Kai said, holding his fist out for me to hit.  He was still in the same position, but he did spill some popcorn.

"Nothing much, just about to shower."

"Cool.  You wanna order a pizza after?"

"Sure.  Supreme," I told him, already walking away.

I ran up to my room and walked to the bathroom.  I turned the shower up to the highest level before walking back to my room to get a pair of sweatpants and a sweater.

I carelessly put the clothes on the rack near the shower before undressing and stepping in.

The scorching shower burned my back.  I loved it. 

I quickly washed my hair and body before getting out of the shower.  I ran my fingers through my hair and threw my clothes on before running down the stairs.

Faye was staring mindlessly at the fridge and Kai was on the phone.

"Whatcha making?" I asked Faye, sitting next to Kai.

"Nothing," she said, coming back to reality and shutting the fridge.

"Have you eaten today?"

"Matteo I'm fine."

"Faye you need to eat."

"Fine!" She snapped, making me and Kai flinch.

She pulled an apple out of the fruit bowl on the counter and took a bite, eyeing me.

"That's not a me-"

"God Matteo!" She shouted, "Can you ever mind your own damn business for once?  Is it really so hard?"  She yelled before slamming the apple on the table and walking away.

I sat there, shocked in disbelief.  What did I do wrong?  Why won't she eat when I tell her to?  Is it me?  Am I the problem?

QOTD: What's your biggest fear?

Word Count: 930