SIXTEEN: STAY

THREE DAYS LATER

"he didn't leave her room, he didn't eat or sleep, he just stayed there... fear is visible in his eyes everytime someone enters the room thinking we will take her away from him..." Master Heo said to the man.

"did she wake up?" he asked.

"no she didn't..." the old man said and the boy next to the man sighed.

when they entered the room a sword landed a few inches from Sojun face and the boy quickly widened his eyes looking at the boy standing infront of him, his skin was pale, black circled his eyes that were red from all the tears he cried.

"Sojun... Master Han..." he whispered putting away the sword when he recognized the two.

His fear quickly started again as he kneeled infront of her father, his head low. "it was all my fault, please Master Han, forgive me!"

"she sacrificed herself for you again, just like she did when you fell in the ice lake when you were little." the man said looking at his daughter laying there.

"father, he is been taking care of her all this days without resting, just like he did that time too." Sojun defended the boy.

"let's talk about it later." the man said walking past the kneeled boy to check on his daughter.

"Yul... you should go eat something, I will take care of her..." Sojun kneeled near the boy who quickly shook his head.

"no... I'm not leaving again..." he whispered.

"Seo Yul..." a weak voice made them all turn around quickly, the girl had just opened her eyes and she was reaching her hand out to the boy.

he quickly stood up walking to her, he kneeled to her side taking her hand and bringing it to his lips for a small kiss, tears of relief rolled down from his eyes.

"are you crying again Yul-ah?..." she gave him a small smile and she slowly wiped away his tears, he gave her a small smile shaking his head even if it was obvious that he was crying.

"Seo Yul, get up and follow me." Master Han ordered.

His eyes quickly traveled to him and then back to the girl who nodded at him to go, so he did standing up and leaving Sojun with his sister.
The two walked outside where Master Heo was waiting for them and his fear grew more.

"you already know." Master Han scolded and the boy lowered his head immediately.

"I'm sorry master... I told her it was a mistake, I tried to keep my distance from her... she got angry at me and I gave in... it's all my fault, please punish me... only me." the boy said without daring to look up.

"I should take her back to Hanyong and not gave her permission to see you again, make her instantly marry Jaehyun." the man said and the boy quickly looked up at him.

"you should consider what she wants master..." he tried to say.

"the choice is between you and her duty, what do you think she will choose considering the fact that you didn't hesitate to choose your duty  over her in the past?" he slightly yelled at him and walked away.

"you should forget about her, you're the heir of the Seo family, act like nothing happened, don't let something so stupid distract you." Master Heo scolded him too and walked away.

The boy stood there a few seconds, then he walked inside again holding onto the wall as tears threaten to escape his eyes again, he turned his head slowly when he heard footsteps on his left, and there she was, Nabi.
He slowly let go of the wall completely facing the girl that was walking to him, when she was close enough he didn't say anything, he just hugged her and she did too trying to give him comfort.

"it will be okay, I'll find a way..." she whispered backing away from him.

"are you leaving?" he whispered.

"I will talk with my father, atleast I need to finish my work here with the soul shifters... then I'll leave..." she said. "you shouldn't come to the marriage, Yul..."

"you don't want me there?" he asked.

"it's already hard for both of us..." she shook her head and walked away as another tear escaped the boy eyes.