TWENTY-FOUR: HIM

The next day people were running around to adjust decorations and everything for the wedding, only the final touches were left.

"that hanbok is so pretty!" Choyeon said while she was helping Nabi to dress up, but her smile quickly dropped when she noticed the sad expression of her friend.

"she is right, you look good in blue." Sojun confirmed trying to cheer up his sister.

"how is it going?" Ryeon entered the room and she smiled. "oh my pretty daughter!"

"Where is Yul?" Nabi simply asked.

"still in his room, Dang-gu and Uk are trying to get him out." Choyeon whispered. "but I doubt he will come too."

"are you coming out?" Taemin said from outside the room and quickly the group got out, the man smiled seeing his daughter wore the hanbok he had suggested. "I told you it was good, the flowers in your hair fit too."

"thank you, father..." she simply whispered and walked away with Sojun and Choyeon, his smile dropped.

"don't be cheerful during a day that is hell for your daughter." Ryeon said.

"it's a wedding." he replied.

"not the wedding she wanted." Ryeon corrected him.

The two walked where all the people were getting gathered as people gave them a lot of congratulations while waiting for the soon married couple, soon a chorus started singing and Jaehyun walked next to Master Han to the small altar that was placed there in the garden where the ceremony would be, soon also the girl walked to the altar and positioned herself infront of Jaehyun.

"we are here today to celebrate this young couple of Hanyong!" the old man said, she tried her best to not broke down. "my oldest nephew is growing so fast, and I'm happy to be here to celebrate her marriage!"

Dang-gu and Uk silently walked in the crowd telling Choyeon that they couldn't get Yul out of his room and the girl sighed.

"I hope your love will be protected and cherished for a long time!" the old man continued and the girl lowered her head.

"Han Nabi!" a voice made everyone stop moving as they turned around, Yul stood there with tears in his eyes and everyone gasped.

"Yul!" his friends ran at him trying to take him away but he quickly freed himself from their grip.

"I'm not leaving this time." he said shaking his head.

"what's going on?" the old man questioned in confusion since he wasn't aware of the whole situation.

Yul kneeled and lowered his head, Taemin took out his sword and walked to him but stopped suddenly when his daughter ran at them shielding the kneeled boy, soon his wife did too pushing him away.

"you're not touching my daughter!" Ryeon screamed at him and he held tightly on his sword.

"she is OUR daughter!" he corrected.

"yeah and look what you're doing to her!" she screamed and he widened his eyes. "you've gone too far Taemin!"

The girl turned around to look at the kneeled boy and she kneeled infront of him as he held her tightly to his chest.
Everyone went silent when the old man walked to them analyzing the situation, he slowly moved his eyes from his nephew to his son.

"are these two young souls in love?" he questioned and Ryeon nodded.

Everyone widened their eyes when a loud slap sound was heard, the old man had slapped Taemin who just gasped in surprise.

"You were letting your daughter marry someone she didn't love?! is this what I raised you to?!" the old man yelled at his son. "I let you marry the woman you loved even if your mother didn't want to! and this is what you do to your own daughter?!"

"Father..." he whispered.

"I step out from my heir position." Nabi interrupted them and everyone looked at her in surprise. "please grandfather, allow me to step out, Sojun will take my place as the heir, he said he wouldn't mind it."

"you're obviously allowed." the old man said and the girl smiled. "I wish you two the best... Seo Yul, please take good care of her."

Yul quickly bowed at the man and then their friends cheered hugging the couple, Sojun and Ryeon joined them while Taemin stayed still looking at them, he had realized just now how stupid he was and how much he had hurt his children, he was becoming just like his mother?

"And with that, I officially announce that this is the marriage of Han Nabi and Seo Yul." the old man said and everyone was more surprised than before. "that's the day Seo Nabi is born."

the girl smiled and the boy kissed her not caring anymore, they didn't have to hide now and it was the happiest moment.
Taemin dropped to his knees as tears stormed down his face.

"I'm so sorry my daughter..." he whispered. "I'm the worst father..."

the girl backed away from the boy and kneeled next to her father, simply hugging him and he sighed in relief knowing the girl had forgiven him.

But that moment wasn't going to be happy for much longer.