SEVENTEEN: ALONE

"the man that attacked us that day, I think I saw him already... but it was difficult to understand because of the hat" she said and the boy eyes left the book to look at her.

"where did you see him?" he asked in confusion.

FLASHBACK

A man passed beside them with some guards and the girl instantly stopped slowly turning around to look at him walk away, the boy stopped too noticing the missing girl beside him.

"what's wrong?" he asked noticing she was looking at someone.

"nothing, I thought I saw something." she lied giving the man a last look and then started walking again

END FLASHBACK

"I think I saw him here in the fortress..." she said trying to remember. "the day we studied the body of that soul shifter"

"are you saying that the creator might be a member? like we might have a traitor?" he asked closing the book.

"it might be possible." she nodded. "the only way we can find out is basically seeing the creator face, like there is no other way to know who it is... maybe I should go back to the barrier and check for some clues"

"you just got out of bed, you can't go around like that, you're still injured." he said and the girl sighed.

"why are you even here? didn't we agree on not staying with each others if it's not part of our work?" the girl said sitting down on her bed.

"I'm still checking on you, nothing more." he replied lowering his eyes again.

"Master Heo will get angry at you again, get out Yul." she said and his eyes darted to her. "I said get out."

The boy put the book back and he stood up slowly walking to the door, he stopped with his hand on the doorknob and turned around to look at her, the girl just shook her head at him and he left.
it was hard to convince her father to let her stay to help with the soul shifters, fortunately Master Park helped her with that, but it was more hard now for her and Yul, there was tension between them and she didn't even know if it was good or bad.

"sister." Sojun entered the room and he sighed noticing the girl lost in her thoughts. "I saw Yul get out of here, so I thought you two fought again."

"we kinda did, father doesn't want us to be together, so I told him we should only stay together when it's about work." she replied.

"and you're gonna marry Jaehyun even if you're in love with Yul?" he shook his head.

"I'm not in love with Yul, stop it Sojun." she scolded and the boy scoffed.

"yeah that's the biggest lie I've ever heard." he said earning a slap from his older sister. "he loves you too, and I can see that Nabi, everyone saw that."

"Sojun, I'm seriously gonna kill you if you don't get out now." she glared at him.

"I just want to tell you, if you change your mind and choose yourself for once, I will gladly take the heir place for you, and you will be free, it's not a problem for me." he said and then left.

the girl stood there losing herself in her thoughts again, could she really do that? but her grandfather would be disappointed right? she always tried her best to not make him notice how much she liked Yul, since they were little, cause her father always told her they couldn't be together, at this point she just hoped her mother would come back soon, she was the only one she could talk to about that.

"I hate it..." she whispered to herself.

a small pain hit her in the stomach as she quickly stood up running to throw up in the bathroom, all these thoughts were making her feel nauseous? probably.
She sat on the floor cleaning her mouth and she sighed leaning on the wall, her eyes closed as she tried to relax.

"Nabi?" a voice called behind her.

"why can't anyone leave me alone today?" she whispered.

"I just came to check..." Dang-gu said. "Choyeon made some food for you, but I don't know if you would eat after throwing up"

"please leave it somewhere, I'll eat it later... I'm not feeling that well right now" she looked up at him and the boy nodded.

"I can bring you medical herbs tea if you want to." he proposed.

"it would be a good idea, and please, can you do me another favor?" she asked and the boy nodded. "don't let Yul or Master Heo and my father enter this room, I'm sick of them."

The boy sighed and left the room, Yul was waiting for him right outside, he had send his friend to check.

"she isn't feeling well, but she doesn't want to see you, Master Heo or Master Han... now I will bring her a medical herbs tea." Dang-gu explained and Yul just nodded.

THE BUTTERFLY - SEO YUL X OC (Alchemy of souls)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara