TWELVE: DRUNK

PAST MEMORIES

"I should go back to Songrim and train, I'm old enough and I've been coming there instead of training..." the boy said and the girl suddenly stopped walking, slowly turning around to look at him.

"okay... go then..." she whispered trying to not show how hurt she was.

"I'm sorry... I know it's hard but..." he was saying but the girl scoffed making him instantly stop.

"Seo Yul." she called and he looked down at her. "go... and don't come back." she said with her voice cracking a bit.

"why? I can come back when..." he tried to say but she stopped him again.

"No, I don't want to see you ever again." she said walking away, leaving the boy standing there, he felt like his heart was burning.

END OF PAST MEMORIES

Yul walked up to his friends noticing they were all worriedly looking at something, he furrowed his eyebrows, the boy followed their gaze and saw Nabi sleeping on a table full of bottles.

"what happened?" he quickly asked.

"seems like Jaehyun pressured Master Han about the marriage, so her father talked to her about it, they are going to marry during the spring, it's the most beautiful season in Hanyong..." Dang-gu said. "she opened up to Choyeon while she was getting drunk, that's why we know." he continued and Uk nodded to confirm his words.

"please go home, I'll take care of her." Yul said walking to the table where Juwol was waking up the girl. "Juwol, I'll pay for all her drinks later, I'll bring her home now." he said and the woman nodded.

"Oh Yul-ah! do you want to drink something with me?" the girl babbled out giving him a large smile.

"No Nabi, you drank too much already, we should go home." he said helping her up.

The girl gave him a few curse words supporting herself with an arm around his shoulders, they started walking together to reach the fortress, Yul held onto her waist since she was having trouble walking straight.

"Yul-ah..." she called again and the boy hummed in response. "I don't want to marry Jae..." she whispered.

"I know." he simply answered.

"no you don't..." she shook her head and she stopped walking, the boy looked at her in confusion. "I'm waiting for someone to come back... he said he would after his training but I told him that I didn't want to see him ever again... that was a lie..."

Yul slightly widened his eyes as he listened to her drunk words, the girl placed her head on his chest and he didn't move not knowing what to do.

"Nabi, we really should go..." he said but a sob interrupted him.

"why didn't he come back?..." she looked up at him as tears stormed down her checks.

The boy stayed silent as he picked her up in a bridal style, she buried her face in his neck breathing in his scent, he started walking again listening to the crying girl in his arms.
He entered her room laying her slowly on the sheets, he took off her shoes and covered her body so she won't feel cold.

"when he left... I didn't eat for days, I only trained cause I was so angry at him for leaving me... Sojun got so worried..." she laughed between the tears thinking about when her younger brother was scolding her.

Yul slowly got up without answering and he walked to the door.

"Yul-ah..." she called for him again and he stopped. "Can you stay?" she asked.

FLASHBACK

"You should rest." he whispered. "your fever is still high."

"I should..." she replied coughing a bit. "can you stay?" she whispered.

END OF FLASHBACK

His heart dropped at these words as he stayed still, thinking about what to do, should he accept? should he just go and forget about this all?

"He left you cause he knew you two couldn't be together... but he didn't want to tell you, he didn't want to hurt you... so he tried to make you hate him..." he whispered.

"I know Yul-ah..." she answered with a small smile. "but I had hoped he would choose me instead of his duty..."

Yul forced himself to keep his tears in, he closed the door and walked to the girl taking his shoes off and laying next to her, he wanted to be selfish for one time, just once.
The girl moved on her side so she could look at him, their faces a few inches from each others, his arm slid around her waist and she placed an hand on his cheek caressing it slowly.

"I don't want to marry Jaehyun..." she repeated.

"I know..." he whispered leaving a kiss on her forehead and then he relaxed under her touch on his cheek.

He promised himself he would've left in the early morning so she wouldn't remember any of it, so he sighed bringing her body closer to him and they soon both fell asleep.