TWENTY-TWO: HURT

"The fours seasons just arrived with Sojun!" a man said to the three of the family, they all got up and walked to the fortress entrance.

Nabi instantly stopped walking when she noticed Yul was there with the others too, Ryeon noticed and widened her eyes quickly looking at her daughter.

"we are glad y'all could come." Master Han said and the four bowed. "it's precious having the four seasons at my daughter wedding."

"thank you for inviting us, Master Han." Choyeon smiled.

The boys were too focused on their friend hoping he wouldn't say anything bad, but they were glad he kept silent the whole time.

"Nabi can you show them their room?" the man said earning a glare from his wife, was he doing it on purpose? but his daughter just nodded.

The four followed in silence the girl inside the fortress, they didn't really know what to say knowing the situation, they could only feel sorry for her and also for their friend, letting go the woman you love for the second time wasn't easy at all, mostly knowing she was getting married to someone she didn't love.
When only Yul and Choyeon were left walking behind her she stopped infront of another room.

"Choyeon-ah, you can take this room, I'll take the next one." Yul gave her a small smile but the girl looked at them worriedly knowing they would be left alone.

"no Yul-ah you can take it!" she said and the boy just shook his head so she nodded sighing.

Nabi started walking again in silence after waving at Choyeon and Yul walked beside her, giving small looks to her from time to time, and she stopped infront of another room.

"you can use that one." she simply said.

"thank you, Nabi..." he whispered. "we should talk."

"I don't want to talk with you." she shook her head and walked away leaving the boy standing there.

Her father insisted that they would all have dinner together as a welcome for the four seasons and he had to admit that now it was kinda awkward, the glares that his wife was giving him and the silence between Nabi and Yul, only three seasons and his son were happily talking.
Nabi stood up and they all went silent looking at her, she just gave a small bow and walked away, Yul wanted to follow her so bad but he stayed still not wanting to cause problems.

"go." Ryeon ordered him with a soft voice and the boy widened his eyes.

"Ryeon..." her husband called and the woman just ignored him, she was still so angry.

The boy quickly got up and ran out of the room following the girl in the garden, he took her wrist and she stopped turning around to look at him.

"why did you leave?" he asked not knowing what to say.

"I didn't want to eat anymore, and I'm tired." she said trying to walk away but the boy tightened the grip on her wrist.

"please Nabi, let's talk..." he whispered in a pleading tone.

"I don't want to, I asked you not to come." she replied feeling tears build up in her eyes. "why are you doing this to me?"

"I'm sorry, Master Heo ordered me to come..." he whispered. "I will not attend the wedding, I'll stay in my room if it makes things better."

"please do it." she said setting herself free from
his grip. "and don't search for me anymore, we don't have anything to talk about, you already know." she walked away as tears stormed down her face.

"Seo Yul." a soft voice called behind him and when he turned around there she stood the mother of Nabi.

"Lady Han..." he gave her a small bow and she smiled.

"you know, me and Taemin married against his mother will, only his father wanted it, Taemin married me anyway, but now he became just like his mother... trying to force his child to marry someone she doesn't want..." she said and Yul just listened to her. "you still have time, Seo Yul."

"what?" he questioned in confusion.

"you still have time to take my daughter." she smiled and the boy widened his eyes slightly.