TEN: CONFUSION

"the best thing we can do is go there and check what the barrier is made of, we can then figure out what spell to use to break it." Master Park suggested.

"I think it would be too risky, the barrier is surrounded by a forest, there might be shadows outside doing guards, not everyone is really ready to fight them" Nabi answered and the man nodded.

"with a barrier I don't think there are much shadows guarding it, the barrier seems strong enough." Master Heo spoke.

"Nabi, do you think you will be able to go check it yourself?" he said and Yul quickly looked up at him, was really Master Park thinking of sending her alone? "we will be waiting for you at the cliff."

"yes, I can do it." she nodded and a man ran inside the room trying to catch his breath.

"The Royal Prince is here!" he announced, the four of them looked at each others and then they walked out with the man.

"Our Highness! we didn't expect a visit" Master Park said and they all bowed.

"one of my doctors was attacked by a strange type of soul shifter, I heard voices that Songrim was working on it." The prince simply said.

"yes, our highness, we asked for the help of Master Han oldest nephew, as you may know she is really skilled with the soul shifters theme, she is training our guards and also the four seasons, Seo Yul is mostly working with her, we were heading to one of the places now." Master Park explained.

"Han Nabi?" the prince eyes traveled to the girl who nodded bowing again. "then must I come with you and see what you found?"

"it could be dangerous, my lord." the girl replied.

"he can still come, he can stay at the cliff with us." Master Heo suggested.

And with that they all traveled to the last attacked village, they looked at the barrier from far for a bit, then she sighed taking off her hair ribbon, Yul walked up to her helping the girl tie it on her eyes.

"why is she covering her eyes?" The prince asked in confusion.

"these types of souls shifter are able to take mages souls too, our highness." Master Park explained earning an understanding look from the prince.

"are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Yul whispered to her and she shook her head.

"you're not fully ready yet, I don't want to risk it in case there might be too much of them." she replied.

The girl took her sword out and walked down the cliff disappearing in the forest, all of them stayed there to watch hoping she would come back safe, Jaehyun ran at them trying to catch his breath.

"y'all can't send her there alone!" he yelled worriedly and his eyes darted to Yul. "how could you let this happen?! she is your master!"

Yul heart ached a bit and he moved his eyes back to the trees infront of him, Master Heo held onto Jaehyun explaining him that it was her choice.
As she was walking the girl instantly stopped feeling something, her head slowly traveled up at the trees, even if she couldn't see she knew something was there, she held tight onto her sword and tried to walk silently but then stopped feeling the energy again, she quickly started swinging the sword around killing the shadows that were trying to attack her, an hand grabbed her shoulder and she groaned feeling the burning, before anyone else could touch her she killed them all.

"shit..." she tried to catch her breath, fortunately she was touched just once, so it wouldn't be bad like it happened to Yul.

she took off her hair ribbon from covering her eyes and she looked at the barrier infront of her, she analyzed it and then walked away.
The girl covered the burn on her shoulder and walked to them, Jaehyun quickly ran at her checking on the girl and he sighed in relief.

"what did you find?" The prince asked.

"the barrier is created with an electric spell, if we touch it we might die from an electroshock, we should destroy it instead, find a spell to break it." she explained.

"the creator of the shadows seems strong." Jaehyun said sighing.

"he is, it's difficult to create shadows, it should say enough to you." Nabi simply replied.

"what about the guards?" Yul asked worried that she might've got hurt.

"I took out seven of them." the girl replied without looking at him, she then walked to Master Heo to whispered something to him.

The group got back to Songrim and she quickly walked to her room, she put hot water in the small pool she used to wash herself and then put the medical herbs in it, fortunately Master Heo gave them to her without questioning too much, she undressed and sat inside the water washing the mark with it, she stopped moving when she heard footsteps behind her.

"so you did get hurt." Yul said noticing the burn on her shoulder.

"it's nothing." she replied without looking at him, she could feel his eyes on her back.

The boy walked closer to her and kneeled behind the girl, he put his hands in the water and washed the burn until it disappeared, she remained silent looking at the wall infront of her, she was glad the water was covering all the other parts of her body.

"next time I'll come with you, I won't accept a no as an answer." he said.

The girl slowly turned around to look at him in the eyes and he kept the eye contact, Yul got up taking her robe and looked away, she got out of the water and the boy wrapped her in the robe going back to look at her when she was fully covered.

"don't do that alone ever again." he whispered and none of them dared to break the eye contact.

"and you don't sacrifice yourself for me ever again." she replied.

Yul sighed and moved one of his hands to her cheek, he caressed it and hugged her, the girl stayed still in confusion.

"sorry if I didn't come back." he whispered and she widened her eyes.

"what?" she quickly asked pushing him away to look at his eyes. "what are you talking about, Seo Yul?" her voice slightly trembled.

"you should rest." he replied and he left.

The girl stayed still in disbelief and a tear rolled down her cheek, then her eyes landed on the hair ribbon.