FOUR: CLUES

The boy walked inside the secret room just like he was asked to and found the girl looking at a body on the table, he recognized it as one of the soul shifters they fought, the one she had killed infront of him.

"what are you doing?" he asked crossing his arms to his chest while observing the body.

"seeing if they have something else different beside the eyes." she replied. "do you notice something?"

The boy unfolded his arms and walked on the other side of the body analyzing it, she watched him carefully with a smirk, she was sure he could guess it.

"their petrified skin is lighter, the normal ones petrified skin is really dark." he looked up at her and she nodded.

"you're right, their skin is not the same... you're learning fast I see." she smiled. "they also need more energy than normal ones, that's why they are creating chaos in the villages, but their creator might help them with that."

"so they actually don't exist, like someone needs to create them?" he asked with curiosity and she simply nodded.

The two were about to walk out but the door started to close, and he put an hand infront of her to stop the girl, the floor trembled slightly.

"what's going on?" she questioned.

"Uk broke the door a while ago, it's not working properly and it randomly does it sometimes." Yul replied and the girl shook her head at their friend stupidity.

She made one step to adjust herself but stepped onto something and the floor started trembling stronger, they tried to keep balance and she almost fell but Yul put an hand on her arm to help her stay still.

"please don't move anymore, we might fall!" he said in a worried tone and they both stayed still until it stopped and they could now walk out.

"sorry." he said removing his hand from her arm worried he might have hurt her with the grip.

"don't worry and thank you." she said giving him a little bow.

A man passed beside them with some guards and the girl instantly stopped slowly turning around to look at him walk away, the boy stopped too noticing the missing girl beside him.

"what's wrong?" he asked noticing she was looking at someone.

"nothing, I thought I saw something." she lied giving the man a last look and then started walking again, he followed not believing her but kept silent.

They arrived at the training center and she made him sit down with his legs crossed, she kneeled infront of him.

"stand with your back straight and place you hands on your knees in a relaxed way." she said taking his hands softly to place them correctly. "close your eyes and try to eliminate all the sounds around, focus on my voice and answer me when I ask."

The boy did as she said and closed his eyes, concentrate there was really hard since a lot of people were around them training and making noise, he sighed and tried to focus on the girl light steps around him.

"you're not trying hard enough." she said.

the boy kept silent and he lightly lowered his head trying to focus more on the girl, he felt a hand on his chest but he tried not to flinch.

"slow down your breathing, you need to keep your normal one, three breaths." she whispered and he furrowed his brows.

"how do you kno-..." he tried to speak but got slapped on the chest so he quickly shut up.

"don't talk, slow down your breath and focus." Nabi whispered.

he adjusted his breath and the girl took her hand away from his chest, she started walking again and this time he focused harder, all the sounds around him disappeared, he could only hear her slow footsteps.

"can you hear me?" she whispered and he almost got scared at how her voice seemed in his head, he hummed in response trying not to move. "if you can hear me, where am I now?"

she stopped walking and silently kneeled on his right side, the boy couldn't hear her anymore, but he could feel a presence near him, he furrowed his eyebrows slightly while thinking.
After a few seconds his head turned to his right side and he slowly opened his eyes to check, noticing the girl was right there giving him a smile.

"you did good Seo Yul." she got up leaving a small pat on his head and then she backed away. "let's try again."

the boy was a bit in disbelief, how did he even do that? why was her voice and sounds so weird when he only focused on her?
They tried again another couple times and she could say that he was really getting better at it, he was only messing a couple of times and that was good enough.