NINE: JEALOUSY?

PAST MEMORIES

The young boy looked at the girl laying on the bed with a cloth on her forehead, Master Heo sighed and the boy kneeled near him.

"is her fever so bad?" he worriedly asked.

"No, don't worry, she will be okay soon..." Master Heo patted the boy head and then got up leaving the room.

Her eyes slowly opened and she gave a small smile when she noticed him there, the boy quickly put an hand on her forehead to check her fever and he wet the cloth again placing it back on her forehead.

"Nabi, you should rest." he whispered. "your fever is still high."

"I should..." she replied coughing a bit. "can you stay?" she whispered.

He quickly nodded laying next to her, he adjusted the blankets on her better so she won't be cold and he placed an arm around her.
Master Heo got back with a medical herbs cup of tea but he stopped when he noticed the two peacefully sleeping together, he touched her forehead and sighed in relief noticing her fever was going down.

END OF MEMORIES.

"that's the barrier she was talking about?" Master Park questioned Yul while looking at the barrier in the distance and he just nodded.

"yeah, but she told me we can't go near to it yet, she probably wanted to inform you first." he explained.

"she is right, we should prepare a better plan to check on this barrier, where is she now?" he asked.

"she is resting, Master Heo told me she asked him for some medical herbs she used for an headache." Yul said and Master Park just nodded in understanding.

"please go check on her then, I need to know when she is ready." he ordered.

"Yes, master Park." Yul bowed and walked away.

he walked back to the fortress and to her room but before he could know Choyeon walked up to him.

"she is at the training center." she informed him and he furrowed his brows in confusion.

"training center? I thought she wasn't feeling good today, Master Park sent me to check on her." he said.

"yeah but I saw her go to the training center with Jaehyun." she explained.

"oh Jaehyun..." he nodded. "okay, thank you, Choyeon."

He walked to the training room going in and he stopped for some seconds when he noticed the two laughing together, her hands placed on his shoulders while he was keeping his eyes closed trying to control his breath, was she teaching to him too? why was she laughing with him? what's so funny?

"you're going to kill him with just one look?" Sojun asked in amusement and Yul almost jumped.

"I was not killing anyone, I came to check on your sister, she wasn't feeling good earlier." he cleared his throat immediately looking away from them.

"you're not good at lying sometimes." the younger boy laughed and Yul gave him a small slap on the back of his head. "believe me, if I could take her place I would, girls are always forced to marry someone when they are the heir, but I can't take her place unless she dies or refuse, and I know she won't do any of that, she doesn't want to disappoint our grandfather."

Yul didn't say anything, his eyes slowly traveled back up to the girl and their eyes met, she smiled at him and he gave her a small bow.

"you should be careful, weren't you feeling sick? but you're here training." Yul scolded her and she laughed walking up to him.

"are you worried my pupil?" she gave him a pat on the head and he blinked multiple times.

"Master Park asked me to check on you, he said we need a plan for the barrier." he said trying to change the subject and she nodded.

"he is right, I'll go talk to him first thing tomorrow." she answered and then walked back to the training.

He looked at her and then sighed, Jaehyun smiled at the girl showing her what he had learned.

"she is been having small headaches since when she was little, her childhood friend got hurt and she was the only one around, she gave him a bit of her energy to help him, but she was too young so a few days later she got an high fever, and she is still having small headaches now, nothing to worry about still she manages them." Sojun explained.

"her... friend?" Yul whispered immediately looking up at the girl.

"oh yeah, he was older than both of us, he stayed with her when she had that fever, he didn't sleep for three days to check on her, then he never came back to Hanyong... she was sad but never showed it, I only know cause she is my sister, she is easy to read for me" the younger boy said, Yul just nodded, his eyes not leaving the girl.