TWENTY: PARENTS

As soon as she got down from her horse a woman ran at them and she smiled widely, the woman quickly took their two children in her arms and she sighed in relief.

"Mother." Nabi said hugging the woman tightly and so did her younger brother.

"let's go eat together now that you're back, I missed a lot of things while I was away!" she pulled away to look better at them. "Taemin, are you coming too?" she asked looking at her husband.

"I have some work to do Ryeon..." the man said but stopped when he noticed his wife sigh. "okay I'm coming, just for a quick dinner." he sighed.

The family walked inside a pub and made their way to a private room so they could eat in peace, the woman sat next to her daughter while the man and her son were sitting infront of them.

"how did the mission go, mother?" Sojun excitedly said while eating.

"it was really hard, that village was full of sick people, I couldn't rest properly... I then found out they had eaten a slightly poisonous kind of fruit so it was easier for me to give them and antidote and help them get better." the woman explained smiling at her son, their mother was a really good doctor, she mostly used her powers for that.

"you should really rest more now that you're back." their father said without looking at her, he was focused on his food.

"between us it's you who has problems resting, your work is always more important, Taemin." she let out and their children both stopped immediately looking at each others.

The relationship between their parents wasn't good either, Ryeon loved him dearly since they were young, but when Taemin grew up he was more focused on his duty than his family and she hated it, cause she knew her children could only rely on her, he was always strict with them and she hated it too, Ryeon wished her husband could go back like he was when the two were little, he was always playing around with them and taking care of them, but when they hit the age of 8 and 5 he considered them grown enough and he started focusing on his work more, and now at the age of 40 and 38 the couple was still fighting.

the man slowly looked up from his food to his wife. "I'm not hungry anymore." he left his chopsticks and got up.

"father..." Sojun tried to call for him.

"don't come back late." he simply said and left the room, Ryeon sighed and then focused on her children trying to cheer them up.

"Nabi, I heard you went on a mission too, I also heard you got hurt, how are you feeling now?" she softly asked caressing her daughter hair.

"It's okay, it was only an issue with soul shifters." she shortly replied giving a small smile to the woman.

"this ribbon is so pretty, did you buy it in Songrim?" the mother asked excitedly and then furrowed her eyebrows when her daughter didn't answer.

"someone gifted it to her." Sojun said clearing his throat and the woman gave her attention to him. "also she is been feeling some pain and her energy is acting weird."

"oh why didn't you tell me immediately?" the woman worriedly asked looking at her daughter. "where does it hurt?"

"my chest, sometimes my stomach or my head too, my energy keeps growing and then feeding away suddenly, so sometimes I feel weak." Nabi tried to explain.

"did you transfer your energy to someone or did someone transfer it to you?" Lady Han asked trying to think what it could be.

"I transferred it to someone, then I got hurt and he gave my energy back to me to help me heal, I woke up three days later." her daughter explained and she nodded.

"then it's not really something to worry about, simply your body is trying to absorb your energy again, maybe it got transferred back in a short time so it's a bit weird... but you will feel better if you let your powers rest for a bit." she caressed her hair and then focused on her son.

The three got back at the fortress and the woman walked in her room, her husband was sat on his desk with some papers, but she needed to talk about something, cause she sensed something was wrong with their daughter.

"Taemin." she called and the man hummed without looking away from his papers, the woman scoffed and walked up to him snatching the papers away, action that made her husband immediately look at her.

"Ryeon!" he sighed.

"we need to talk about Nabi, so you will put your work away and listen to me!" she said putting the papers away.

Her strong personality was exactly what he fell in love with when they were younger, he remembered her as a girl that was learning archery, that's how they met.

"what happened in Songrim with Nabi?" the woman asked.

"that boy was there." he calmly replied. "and she lost her mind, she sacrificed herself for him and almost died again."

"are you talking about Seo Yul?" she asked in surprise.

"yeah, he is all grown up now, so she seemed to not remember him at first, but staying together for too much made them remember, and she started acting up." he got up from his chair taking the papers back and getting back to work.